Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2400BH furnace on battery

Hello everyone,

we are new to the RV world in the last few years and just working our way through how things work and how we solve certain issues. We are dry camping and realized the fan & Furnace don’t work off of our batteries. Assume this is how it’s supposed to work and it’s not an issue?

also how do most owners approach having a setup that allows more dry camping flexibility? Such as being able to run furnace and possibly AC in limited ability?

my limited understanding is driving me to think i would need a different, more sophisticated battery bank with an inverter/controller.

thanks for anyone’s feedback and guidance.

happy trails!

2020 1500 Sierra 3.0 Duramax With Airbags & 2021 2400 BH Imagine

Originally posted by CMcCright View Post
    Hello everyone,

we are new to the RV world in the last few years and just working our way through how things work and how we solve certain issues. We are dry camping and realized the fan & Furnace don’t work off of our batteries. Assume this is how it’s supposed to work and it’s not an issue?

also how do most owners approach having a setup that allows more dry camping flexibility? Such as being able to run furnace and possibly AC in limited ability?

my limited understanding is driving me to think i would need a different, more sophisticated battery bank with an inverter/controller.

thanks for anyone’s feedback and guidance.

happy trails!
    The furnace should absolutely run off the battery if the battery has a sufficient charge. Does your GD have a Furrion Battery Monitor and if it does, what is the voltage reading? (Please fill out your signature line per the Welcome Letter. )

When you write "fan", if you mean the air conditioner fan it will not run off the battery. Yes, you'd need an inverter and a much more robust battery bank.

If you mean the kitchen or bathroom ceiling fan, they do run off of 12V so should run on the battery.

Have you checked the battery disconnect switch? It should always (and forever) be left on, which means the key is turned all the way in the right direction (the key can not be removed).

Welcome to the forum!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes the furnace will run off of your stock battery, but not for very long they use a lot of power. When dry camping you will not have any of the 120v ac items working, AC, microwave, tv, receptacles/outlets. If you wish to operate those items you could use a generator at times when needed or install a large battery bank with an inverter. You could also just upgrade to maybe 2 lithium batteries, a lithium charger, and a generator for charging when needed and 120v ac usage when needed. Lots of possible solutions which will depend on your actual needs and usage and depth of wallet ( trust me on that I learned this once already)

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Ok, solid little learning lesson for me. yes the furnace works, but fan has to be set to O for it to kick on. didn't seem to respond to H/L/A. not sure if thats a novice operator thing (probably is) or just a setting that is standard in trailers.

thanks for everyone helping with that!
        2020 1500 Sierra 3.0 Duramax With Airbags & 2021 2400 BH Imagine

Comment

Working...
        X