2018 Imagine 2800bh battery wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Imagine 2800bh battery wiring

Nothing is working off battery power, yet the convenience center reads full power when the battery button is pushed. Batteries are new, charged, and all the connections have been wire brushed. When I plug the 7 point plug into the truck everything that should work off battery works, power jack, lights, etc. but not off battery alone. I can't figure it out, and yes the disconnect switch is on.

Anyone have a direction to point me?

Thanks.

I would guess that you have a connection issue. Either the batteries are connected wrong or not connected to the right place. The 7 pin power goes to a breaker on the trailer frame which charges the battery and powers certain items. I would check there to see if the positive for the battery is connected to the same breaker. You say "batteries", if there is more than one make sure they are connected correctly, positive to positive and negative to negative, same with where they connect to the rv.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenmallards View Post
      Nothing is working off battery power, yet the convenience center reads full power when the battery button is pushed. Batteries are new, charged, and all the connections have been wire brushed. When I plug the 7 point plug into the truck everything that should work off battery works, power jack, lights, etc. but not off battery alone. I can't figure it out, and yes the disconnect switch is on.

Anyone have a direction to point me?

Thanks.
      Look at the self-resetting breakers behind the "A" frame, street-side of the camper. Below is how my 315RLTS is wired. Yours may be different, but the concept is the same--just follow the positive wire from the battery and go from there.

Take lots of pictures and label everything if you remove wires from the breakers (easy to get confused). Cleaning them with a contact cleaner like Deoxit is always a good idea.

Click image for larger version

Name:	12V Circuit OEM using Symbols (Large).jpg
Views:	293
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	112672
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

First confirm if there is a battery disconnect and ensure that the key cannot be removed (I see you say it's on, but double check and use a meter to test both sides with shore power disconnected). Second, when you check the battery level if the unit is on shore power the gauge will alway read full as that is converter voltage it's reading. Also note the convince center gauge is known to be less than remotely accurate as it bases the charge level on sensed voltage.

Just because batteries are NEW does not always mean good or that they can output the amps on demand as needed. Also note, someone here with multiple batteries had an issue with one of the batteries not being properly connected in the system (just happened to be the one the unit was running from while they measured everything at the other battery).

As mentioned, double and triple check the wiring between the batteries paying attention to the interconnect wiring between batteries and trace out the wires to ensure they are the polarity you think as RV MFG have been known to use whatever color was handy for battery wiring even to the point the color is reversed from normal (like there is a true norm in the RV world) or what would be expected. I've seen black be positive with white negative and the reverse.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X