Microwave Breaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microwave Breaker

Hey everyone! I’m currently full time in my 2017 Solitude 375RES and I had a weird thing happen with the microwave today. I’m on 30amps so I usually have to shut off the a/c when I want to use the microwave. Well I did that today as normal and used the microwave to heat up some food for 3 minutes. After the microwave was done I was mixing the food and the power to the whole rv went out. I went outside and flipped the pedestal breaker but it didn’t come back on. I tried again and it worked but I noticed the microwave breaker had flipped, when I flipped it back the power to the rv went off again. If I have literally zero things running and flip the microwave breaker on, the rv loses power. Anyone had this happen or have any thoughts? Thanks! This is my first post here so don’t crush me!

Alexwilliams50 Welcome to the forum, no worries about your first post. The first thing I would try is unplugging the microwave and then try resetting the breaker. If it resets fine the problem is in the microwave if it does not I would suspect the outlet itself. The outlets they use in these are a press together assembly and I would not be surprised for a high current draw like the microwave at the age of your unit that it might have overheated and shorted out. Check that and let us know what you find.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks! I unplugged the microwave and the breaker went fine. Plugged the microwave back in and it’s totally dead. Plugged something else in the outlet and it worked without a problem so the microwave is cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexwilliams50 View Post
        Thanks! I unplugged the microwave and the breaker went fine. Plugged the microwave back in and it’s totally dead. Plugged something else in the outlet and it worked without a problem so the microwave is cooked.
        Yep definitely sounds like it. A few here have tackled a replacement with a residential OTR microwave.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks! I’ll see if I can locate those posts.

Comment

Working...
          X