Front cap led strips do not have power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front cap led strips do not have power

I’m trying to replace my non working led strip on tue front of my M397th. Removed both rotten led strips, gently pulled the wires out of the cap, cut off the old wires, and then checked the power with my Ohms reader on DC. Nothing on the wires, however the led strip under the cap beside the tongue does light up with Front Cap switch is on. I also checked fuses. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by D&RJones View Post
    I’m trying to replace my non working led strip on tue front of my M397th. Removed both rotten led strips, gently pulled the wires out of the cap, cut off the old wires, and then checked the power with my Ohms reader on DC. Nothing on the wires, however the led strip under the cap beside the tongue does light up with Front Cap switch is on. I also checked fuses. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    You would not be able to get a reading if you have your meter set to ohms. You need to set the meter to direct current (DC) volts and measure the voltage across the two wires. Make sure the switch is turned on before attempting to get a voltage measurement.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
    X