New EnduroPower Battery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EnduroPower Battery!

Just did a battery swap on my 2400BH. Dumped the lead acid and went with a 200AH EnduroPower lithium battery. Moved it to under the front bed and also added the Victron BT battery monitor. The image here is not 100% complete...still just testing everything to make sure it's all good.

Only question I have is, is there anything that I need to do to my inverter? It's the stock inverter (WFCO WF-89559AD9GE) unit and solar controller (Furrion 25 MPPT).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9025.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	112958
    Bob-O
    Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
    2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
    Northern Colorado​

I think you are asking about your stock "converter" and not an "inverter". The stock converter model that you have listed does describe it as an auto detect model, the "AD" in the model. You will have to read up on the manual on that or someone here will help you with it. Auto detect means that it should automatically detect that you have a lithium battery. The Furrion solar controller will have a setting to select lithium. Keep an eye on both of these items as they have sometimes been found to switch back to lead acid with out warning.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      I think you are asking about your stock "converter" and not an "inverter". The stock converter model that you have listed does describe it as an auto detect model, the "AD" in the model. You will have to read up on the manual on that or someone here will help you with it. Auto detect means that it should automatically detect that you have a lithium battery. The Furrion solar controller will have a setting to select lithium. Keep an eye on both of these items as they have sometimes been found to switch back to lead acid with out warning.

Brian
      Thanks, Brian. Yes, I did change the setting on the controller from sealed to lithium. I will dig into the manual on the converter to see if there is anything else I need to do.
      Bob-O
      Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
      2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
      Northern Colorado​

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbybob View Post
        Just did a battery swap on my 2400BH. Dumped the lead acid and went with a 200AH EnduroPower lithium battery. Moved it to under the front bed and also added the Victron BT battery monitor. The image here is not 100% complete...still just testing everything to make sure it's all good.

Only question I have is, is there anything that I need to do to my inverter? It's the stock inverter (WFCO WF-89559AD9GE) unit and solar controller (Furrion 25 MPPT).

I am just in the process of changing mine from lead acid to lithium. The WFCO unit will auto detect the new battery, but there is a process to make this happen. Mine is a different model number, but here is the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFuVnUsPz4

They also suggest that you send in the converter for a firmware update depending on your current version. It should still work without the update, but not as well.

Hope this will help.
        Mike & Sue
        2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD w/Duramax
        2023 Momentum 25G

Comment

Thanks for this! I was not aware.
          Bob-O
          Northern Colorado​

Comment

After researching this further, it might just be easier to switch the converter! It seems that many who have tried the auto detect switch over have experienced it switching back to lead mode...as in, it wont stay that way and they have to repeat this crazy process. Wish they would have just made it with a simple switch.

Anyways, open to suggestions or better converters. LOL
            Bob-O
            Northern Colorado​

Comment

After researching this further, it might just be easier to switch the converter! It seems that many who have tried the auto detect switch over have experienced it switching back to lead mode...as in, it wont stay that way and they have to repeat this crazy process. Wish they would have just made it with a simple switch.

Anyways, open to suggestions or better converters. LOL
              Some have gone to Progressive components. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...hium-batteries

Hopefully SASurvival will see your question and chime in with further detail.

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Looks like a nice install. May I ask what gauge wiring you used - it looks small for the run. I am assuming you tied back into you OEM power bar where the old battery did. This is a good article on how to size wiring. Measure the distance from you new battery to the buss bar, double it (hard to explain why) https://www.bluesea.com/resources/1437 as for sizing match the amperage on the auto resetting breaker that feds the trailer. My guess it is 50A, but someone here will know. Also as its a good run for the new wiring, I would put a fuse at the battery.. Something like this makes it easy. https://www.bluesea.com/products/519...k_-_30_to_300A

Just trying to help
                Keith
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Some have gone to Progressive components. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...hium-batteries

Hopefully SASurvival will see your question and chime in with further detail.

Howard
                  Thanks...I just ended up going with a progressive unit. Overall just a better experience from what I gathered from all that I have read. Thanks for the help.
                  Bob-O
                  Northern Colorado​

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Looks like a nice install. May I ask what gauge wiring you used - it looks small for the run. I am assuming you tied back into you OEM power bar where the old battery did. This is a good article on how to size wiring. Measure the distance from you new battery to the buss bar, double it (hard to explain why) https://www.bluesea.com/resources/1437 as for sizing match the amperage on the auto resetting breaker that feds the trailer. My guess it is 50A, but someone here will know. Also as its a good run for the new wiring, I would put a fuse at the battery.. Something like this makes it easy. https://www.bluesea.com/products/519...k_-_30_to_300A

Just trying to help
                    Keith
                    Thanks for your input/help, Keith.

Great question and I did not really change the length of the wire too much based on how I did this. I actually ended up taking about a foot off the negative that was factory...then I had to add about a foot to the positive. I was a little shocked to see that, from the factory, it was all 8 gauge wiring. My positive runs to a junction box and block on the frame of the trailer up front and looks like it splits into a thousand different wires from there. LOL. I researched wire sizing till I was blue in the face and just ended up keeping it stock without having to rewire the entire trailer (I'm just a weekend DIY'er ).
                    Bob-O
                    Northern Colorado​

Comment

Added an inverter as well and am soooo happy with the overall setup. Used it camping this weekend and did not have to fire up the gen once while at a site with no electricity (no air con though…was not needed)!Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9098.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.8 KB ID:	113814
                      Bob-O
                      Northern Colorado​

Comment

Very nice, glad it is working well for your needs.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                        X