Wiring gremlin!! 2022 GD XLS 23LDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring gremlin!! 2022 GD XLS 23LDE

We've had our 2022 Grand Design XLS 23LDE for almost a year and have recently started having electrical issues (among many other things).
    About a month ago the bedroom ceiling lights and the two reading lights above the bed quit working. Without fail, every evening, they quit working. They'll start working again the next day, sometimes in the morning when I go to turn on a light it'll get a little surge and light up for a brief moment then go out again. But every evening, around 7-10 pm they just quit.
    Unsure if this is related, but about 2 weeks ago the awning light and outside light strip quit working altogether. This issue is not intermittent like the bedroom lights so logic tells me this is unrelated but who knows.
    We live in our trailer full time and we live 3 hours away from the nearest GD dealership so bringing it in for warranty work is a PITA!!
    I've checked fuses, they look fine. We've moved/disconnected power a few times and this seems to make no difference.
    Any ideas? Suggestions? Recommendations? I miss reading in bed lol

ravenlw

I would start with your battery connections, make sure they are tight and clean. Then follow the battery cables to the a-frame, here you will find some self resetting breakers as well as a ground lug, check these to make sure they are clean and tight. Next check each light by pulling it and checking the wire connections, making sure they are not loose. A loose connection in the first light will cause issues with the rest of the lights in that chain. I realize they may all not be on the same switch, but they could be receiving power and ground from the same source. You might even want to check the lights in the pass thru storage.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by ravenlw View Post
      We've had our 2022 Grand Design XLS 23LDE for almost a year
      We live in our trailer full time and we live 3 hours away from the nearest GD dealership so bringing it in for warranty work is a PITA!!
      I think Brian is spot on.
      I would also give GD customer service a call (number on main page) I wold start a case with them and if possible see if they will authorize a mobile teck to come to you. You may haft to pay the service trip fee, but GD usually covers the remaining time.

Hope this helps
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

ravenlw -- the bedroom issue could also be a faulty junction like I had in my 315RLTS. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-repair-video

The awning is likely unrelated as you guessed -- that will take some troubleshooting with a multimeter to find the culprit.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          ravenlw -- the bedroom issue could also be a faulty junction like I had in my 315RLTS. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-repair-video

The awning is likely unrelated as you guessed -- that will take some troubleshooting with a multimeter to find the culprit.

Howard
          ravenlw

Howard - on the awning. For my unit there is a fuse behind my main switch panel beside my entry door. Its one of the hidden fuses. To the OP - if you have a panel beside your entry door, pull the trim and carefully remove the panel. You may possible find an inline fuse holder. Check it.
          Hope this helps

Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
          X