Part number for a dimmer switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part number for a dimmer switch

Good day all, I am looking to replace the switch that turns on the overhead lights in my imagine 2670MK. (its a switch with a light and the blue light in it is way to bright at night.) I was thinking that when I change the switch to add a dimmer switch. Has anyone done this? Is it OK to use a dimmer on these lights? Does anyone have a part number for a switch they used that worked?

Thanks for the help. J.

Originally posted by jwhtng55 View Post
    Good day all, I am looking to replace the switch that turns on the overhead lights in my imagine 2670MK. (its a switch with a light and the blue light in it is way to bright at night.) I was thinking that when I change the switch to add a dimmer switch. Has anyone done this? Is it OK to use a dimmer on these lights? Does anyone have a part number for a switch they used that worked?

Thanks for the help. J.
    Can you control this light through the CompassConnect app (turn it on and off) in addition to the switch?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I've replaced switches with this dimmer switch. Works great.

I'm not familiar with the CompassConnect app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dimmer.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	113056
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Mine is a 2020 so a year before the compass app.

AC does that switch fit into the same smaller hole for the switch? and where did you get it from?
        Jim

Comment

You will have to enlarge the hole a little bit.

I used my pocketknife.

Amazon:

American Technology Components 12 Volt DC Dimmer Switch for LED, Halogen, Incandescent - RV, Auto, Truck, Marine, and Strip Lighting

​$34

Comment

When you wired in the new dimmer switch it has 3 wires but the old toggle switch had 2 wires. What do you do with the 3rd wire on the new switch?

Comment

Originally posted by TTBob View Post
              When you wired in the new dimmer switch it has 3 wires but the old toggle switch had 2 wires. What do you do with the 3rd wire on the new switch?
              1 wire is for DC + in (from power source), one is for DC + out (to lights) and the other is for DC -
              Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I ordered the switch from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fortunately I was replacing an existing digital dimmer (more complicated than it needed to be) with the slider one. The extra wire was just tapped into the DC negative going up to the light. Thus the dimmer interrupted one wire and there was a 3 way connection on the other.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X