Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring for Inverter

Hello all,
    Just a quick question. Is there any reason that the attached image will not work. I'm planning on putting a single phase inverter in the RV (2016 303RLS) and plan on using shore power as the normal input. When it is not available, I would use the inverter. If the inverter is an inverter/charger, any issues in using the original "converter" output as the AC in on the inverter. It would only be used to charge batteries. When no shore power, the inverter would be supplying the AC (L1 only). I have omitted the battery side of the inverter/charger.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by level2programmer; 05-28-2023, 04:16 PM. Reason: Changed the drawing to show where converter is removed.

Converter output is DC, not AC. Advise not to run inverter and converter at the same time, it makes for an electrical loop.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

level2programmer
      It looks like you are planning to power the L1 leg only with the inverter because the original converter is on the L2 leg - shore power will power converter but inverter power will not. A couple of questions - what do you plan to power when operating from the inverter? What do you have for batteries?
      2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
      2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder​
      YouTube Chanel

Comment

Ted, the distribution panel is AC. Where the original power to the "converter" came from the distribution panel, would be replaced with an Inverter / Converter. Probably should have shown the converter with a big X on it to make it more clear that it was being removed and the new device was being installed. There would be no loop now because L2 leg is only powered when shore power exists. Hopefully, that makes it a little less muddy.

Comment

Jomani, I plan on powering receptacles in the RV. While the fridge has AC power, it would be switched to gas. That breaker would stay on because the same breaker powers all the plugs in the rear of the 303. Water heater to gas as well. No fireplace either. Currently have the original battery, but planning on a LiFePo4 upgrade. Yes you were correct only planning on powering the L1 leg with the inverter.

Comment

level2programmer

If you haven't seen it, check out David's ( WondersAwait ) schematic in his thread here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lectrical-mods

Mine is a bit more complicated, but perhaps it may help. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lts-f-350-mods

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X