Imagine 2670 MK Toggle bedroom light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2670 MK Toggle bedroom light switch

Hello - My names Jake I purchased a used 2670 MK and love it! As you can see the toggle switch has come off the wall and no will not toggle properly. However, before The toggle was broken, the light switch stopped working so I want to figure out if it’s a fuse or the wiring or possible just to toggle.

does someone have any advice on how to diagnose this issue? Is there a way to see if the fuse is blown for that circuit, or check if the wiring is disconnected. As you can see there is one wire that’s connected to the toggle. Any advice on how to systematically work through this issue would be amazing. thank you in advanced!

Looks like one of the wires on the switch has simply come off, which would be why the switch has stopped controlling the lights. I suspect if you look in the hole where the brown wire comes out of the wall, you'll see another loose wire with a crimped terminal on it, similar to the blue one connected to the switch. If the tab on the back of the switch is still in good shape, you should be able to plug the disconnect terminal on the wire back in. If the quick disconnect terminal has come off the other wire though, you'll need to crimp a new one on.

I would be taking a good look at those connections though, ensuring the terminals on both wires and the switch tabs are well seated and don't easily disconnect. The fact that it came off in the first place would have me wondering if it just not fully connected at the factory? or perhaps did it slip off when you took the switch off the wall? Are the crimped terminals damaged? Etc. From the quick disconnect terminals I've used in the past, some of them can be a bit of a task to take off.

Coming back to you saying the toggle action is broken on the switch, I would be tempted to simply order a new switch. They are readily available on Amazon, or RV parts stores.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Hi Jakerez7.

That switch will not work with only one wire connected. There is likely another wire in the wall that has fallen off the bare terminal you see in the second photo. Fish the loose wire out of the wall, plug it in, and see if the light works when you flip the switch.

If the switch is defective, this one should work.
      https://www.amazon.com/Single-Switch...s%2C135&sr=8-3

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

StephenO and TucsonJim,

thank you both for the quick response that’s super helpful. Since the toggle is actually broken I went ahead and ordered that switch.

what size/ type of terminal do I need? Just a standard 6 volt quick connect? I will be fishing that wall for the other wire.

I believe the wire came off because of the toggle switch just not being secured to the wall. As you can see in one of the pictures, both the toggle switch and the temperature thermostat came off the wall and are hanging on by the wires connected.

Any recommendations on getting both the toggle switch and thermostat to be secured better to the wall? Wall anchors?

thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Jakerez7 - There are a couple of ways I'd approach the screws pulling out. My first attempt would be to glue a strip of wood on the inside of the hole that the screws could bite into. If that failed, I'd use a screw in drywall anchor. But that will leave a larger hole to contend with in the future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	drywall anchor.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	113917

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Jakerez7 What you most likely will need is a female quick connect. The Blue are typically for size 14 wire (give or take) https://www.amazon.com/AIRIC-Insulat...s%2C126&sr=8-4 you can find them at most box hardware stores like HD or Lowes. If you have a mom and pop type ace or other hardware store try there as they tend to have staff with more knowledge and possibly even open boxes.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X