Mystery box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery box

Anyone have any idea what this part is? It's located midships, just aft of the rear axle. I'm thinking maybe something to do with leveling system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4692.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	12204
    Attached Files
    -
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
    Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Cool, i love a good mystery. I think you are correct that this is the sensor for the Auto Level. On to the bad news , this is a terrible place and bad craftsmanship to show on how to mount a sensing device. The wiring hanging down and the really nice spray foam job to "seal" this product is just plain horrible.

I believe that this should be above the coroplast. Maybe they forgot to put it in the right place a figured what the heck we will just do this. I would not be happy with this at all.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Seems reasonable that this is the sensor for leveling. I would ask GDRV if you could reseal this box to prevent water from getting in there. As an FYI, these devices do not need to be mounted level since the level learn process would enter in the proper offset based on the sensor orientation. Of course anything can be mounted so far off that the sensor would fall out of range.

Jim

Comment

KamFlyer would you be able to get me your VIN so that I can check in to this further? You can post it (if you are OK with that) or you can message it to me. Please tag me once you have done so, in case I am not in front of this screen. This will allow me to get the notification.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post
          KamFlyer would you be able to get me your VIN so that I can check in to this further? You can post it (if you are OK with that) or you can message it to me. Please tag me once you have done so, in case I am not in front of this screen. This will allow me to get the notification.

Thanks!
          Sure thing. 573FS4331K9900107
          Thanks GDRV-Emily
          -
          Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
          2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
          2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
          Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

KamFlyer thank you! Be back with you shortly.

Comment

Not surprised considering the workmanship of my 2019 Solitude.

Comment

Working...
              X