Awning LED fuse location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning LED fuse location

Where is the fuse on the awinng led lights on a 398m. They are not in the fuse/breaker panel.

Originally posted by Plisken76 View Post
    Where is the fuse on the awinng led lights on a 398m. They are not in the fuse/breaker panel.
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, Plisken76! I hope you don't mind--fixed the spelling in the title of your post. (I'm a bit OCD--sorry!)

To your question--why do you think the fuse is not in the power center? From the post it's implied the awning light is not working. Is that correct?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Plisken76 -- and just to make sure we're on the right lights--does the picture below show the lights that aren't working?

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED.JPG
Views:	1461
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	12472
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Hi Plisken76,

Welcome to our owners forum!

On my Reflection, the awning LED fuse is in an inline fuse holder behind the main switch panel. It is a very low power (maybe 2A) fuse. Look for the small gauge red wire coming from the awning light switch.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Plisken76,

Welcome to our owners forum!

On my Reflection, the awning LED fuse is in an inline fuse holder behind the main switch panel. It is a very low power (maybe 2A) fuse. Look for the small gauge red wire coming from the awning light switch.

Rob
          I learn something every day--or just forget. Now I'm going to have to look behind my panel to see if there's one in my 315RLTS. I don't remember seeing one--seems like an odd place to put a fuse!

Plisken76 -- if you pull the panel to look keep in mind there is "hot" 12vDC back there so please be careful. If you're not familiar with working around powered circuits, it is probably a good idea to disconnect all power from your camper before taking a peak. ("All" means turning off shore power and disconnecting the negative lead from your battery.)

Comment

Yes those are the lights I'm talking about. When I picked it up the lights didn't work, they had a hard time finding the fuse. They replaced it and they worked. The other day tried them and they didn't work, wasn't sure where the fuse was, but it's not in the main fuse panel.

Comment

Yes those are the lights I'm talking about. When I picked it up the lights didn't work, they had a hard time finding the fuse. They replaced it and they worked. The other day tried them and they didn't work, wasn't sure where the fuse was, but it's not in the main fuse panel.
              Please take a picture and post it when you find the fuse. Hopefully your dealer can point you in the right direction.

I'd be a little concerned, though, if the fuse is indeed blown again. Fuses blow for a reason--and the reason is usually not good. Is your unit still under warranty? I may have missed it but don't see the year of your unit posted.

Comment

Plisken76
                Have a close look at where the awning light wires come out of the wall and transition to the awning arm. There is a lot of flex/movement in the wires here, as the awning is extended. It is possible that a break in the wire insulation shorts out at some point in awning movement, but is OK when the awning is stationary. This would explain blowing the fuse after replacing it seemed to be OK.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here's the location of the awning light fuse for my 2017 Reflection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Fuse.jpg
Views:	1875
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	12882
                  Jim and Ginnie
                  2024 Solitude 310GK
                  GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                  GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                  X