Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuse location for led light strip for indirect ceiling lights above kitchen island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse location for led light strip for indirect ceiling lights above kitchen island

Indirect ceiling led lights aren’t working above island, any ideas where a fuse may be for these strip lights?
    Joe & Melissa Shantz
    2018 Solitude 310 GK, Sailun S637 Tires 5/14/20, Mor-Ryde IS, pin box and disk brakes 6/16/20
    2021 Ram 3500 DRW

Originally posted by Jshantz View Post
    Indirect ceiling led lights aren’t working above island, any ideas where a fuse may be for these strip lights?
    Hi Joe & Melissa,

Welcome to our owners technical forum!

My best guess would be behind the switch that controls these lights. This guess is based on where the fuse is located for our outside LED lights which do not have a fuse in the main panel. I think that Grand Design does this because the fuse to protect LEDs has to be very low current capacity. Usually only one or two amps.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Welcome to the forum Joe and Melissa.

I'm attaching a photo of a fuse that is located behind the switch panel in our unit. I agree with Rob that this would be the next best place to check.
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        Welcome to the forum Joe and Melissa.

I'm attaching a photo of a fuse that is located behind the switch panel in our unit. I agree with Rob that this would be the next best place to check.
        Thanks. I found the fuse for the awning lights behind the control panel and that was the only fuse that I found behind there. I also took out the 2 switches under the hutch (door side), pulled out the wire and found no fuses or disconnected wires. As a side note, I’m not sure those led strip lights ever worked. I think that they are supposes to turn on with the led lighting under the island counter top (same switch).
        Joe & Melissa Shantz
        2018 Solitude 310 GK, Sailun S637 Tires 5/14/20, Mor-Ryde IS, pin box and disk brakes 6/16/20
        2021 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Jshantz

Hi Joe & Melissa,

Thanks for the follow-up and answer to the original question. Another first hand "piece of the puzzle" that we can add to our knowledge of these rigs. (This question will inevitably come up again ).

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Jshantz View Post
            Thanks. I found the fuse for the awning lights behind the control panel and that was the only fuse that I found behind there. I also took out the 2 switches under the hutch (door side), pulled out the wire and found no fuses or disconnected wires. As a side note, I’m not sure those led strip lights ever worked. I think that they are supposes to turn on with the led lighting under the island counter top (same switch).
            Just to confirm that this is how they work in our 2018 310GK. The one switch powers the lights above the ornamental panel on the ceiling above the island and the lights under the edge of the counter top. A second switch powers the two lights that hang from the ornamental panel.

I discovered the “hide fuses in behind panels” design decision recently myself. I removed the control panel containing many switches (slides, tank sensors, lights, etc.) and found a 7.5 amp fuse behind the panel. If it blows, most of the panel is inoperable, a brain teaser for anyone unlucky enough to pop that hidden fuse and find that much of trailer control is inoperable. Elsewhere in the trailer 10 amp and even 2 amp fuses are hiding in the wiring to confuse anyone who expects that - as on many other vehicles - all fuses can be found in one or two well-documented panel locations.
            Last edited by boyscout; 02-15-2020, 03:34 PM.
            Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Just to confirm that this is how they work in our 2018 310GK. The one switch powers the lights above the ornamental panel on the ceiling above the island and the lights under the edge of the counter top. A second switch powers the two lights that hang from the ornamental panel.

I discovered the “hide fuses in behind panels” design decision recently myself. I removed the control panel containing many switches (slides, tank sensors, lights, etc.) and found a 7.5 amp fuse behind the panel. If it blows, most of the panel is inoperable, a brain teaser for anyone unlucky enough to pop that hidden fuse and find that much of trailer control is inoperable. Elsewhere in the trailer 10 amp and even 2 amp fuses are hiding in the wiring to confuse anyone who expects that - as on many other vehicles - all fuses can be found in one or two well-documented panel locations.
              Yes, the switch that controls the under counter lights should also control the lights above the ornamental panel (That was my thought) as I was trying to find a loose wire or fuse that would get them working again. But, I haven’t found either one of these yet. So I’m still trying to find a solution
              Joe & Melissa Shantz
              2021 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Working...
              X