RV Converter/Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbkims View Post
    I plugged a short heavy duty extension cord into the single outlet on the back of the power panel so it's easier to change out the converter..
    I used a cord with a straight plug like the original converter has., like the Tripp-Lite 14 Awg that has several lengths.
    Gene,

Good point. It looks like your version would be easier to work with.

Jim

Comment

Country Campers Guest gbkims howson Thanks for all your advice and info on the converter change out. All went well with no issues. Need to check readings when 5th wheel is hooked up to shore power. Thank You
      Rudy
      South Dakota
      2019 GMC 3500HD Duramax SRW
      2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Here are a few pics of my Imagine 2600RB Lithium compatible converter/charger and DC DC Lithium Charger install. The chargers and battery are located in the passthrough. The charger panel replaces the rear panel in the docking station, where the original panel will be moved back and the chargers will be hidden. For the most part, the negative cables will be on one side and the positive cables on the other. The chargers were mounted opposite of the plumbing in case there would be a water leak in the docking station.

A larger side panel will be made up to replace the original. Wire is 4AWG for the 60 amp converter/charger and the DC DC is wired in 8 AWG. The battery will have a 80 amp resettable breaker and from there will run directly to the battery switch where all power will be cut (except for the (BMV712) when the switch is off.

The WFCO converter/charger was left in place where the breaker will be turned off. This unit will be used as a FLA charger as a backup should the lithium battery fail and need to be returned under warranty.

Looking forward to some dry camping this year.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Jim, I'm putting a link on here for the box I used. I used a spade bit to drill the holes for the cable. And since mine is under the A-frame of the trailer, I sealed the holes with silicone.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shunt.jpg
Views:	1734
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	12907
          I was looking at your setup with the box. I don't see any attachment to the beam. How did you make that attachment? Glue, screws, command strips?
          2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
          2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
          Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
          FMCA # 489460

Comment

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post

I was looking at your setup with the box. I don't see any attachment to the beam. How did you make that attachment? Glue, screws, command strips?
            Excellent question, and you're correct, the photo doesn't show it.

There are mounting lugs on the shunt that you can't see because of the battery cable. I drilled holes in the box to match the holes on the shunt and then I used self drilling screws through the shunt/box and into the frame.

Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Excellent question, and you're correct, the photo doesn't show it.

There are mounting lugs on the shunt that you can't see because of the battery cable. I drilled holes in the box to match the holes on the shunt and then I used self drilling screws through the shunt/box and into the frame.
              That was what I'm look at doing. Thanks for reinforcing what I have been thinking.
              2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
              2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
              Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
              FMCA # 489460

Comment

Working...
              X