Surge/Electrical protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surge/Electrical protection

I would like to add a hardwired surge/electrical protection unit to my Imagine 3000QB. I've been considering the Progressive Industries EMSHW50C. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? I'm hoping I can mount it inside the cabinet behind the breaker panel. It looks like the remote display will fit just above the breaker panel.
    Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram Bighorn

Originally posted by EvanT View Post
    I would like to add a hardwired surge/electrical protection unit to my Imagine 3000QB. I've been considering the Progressive Industries EMSHW50C. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? I'm hoping I can mount it inside the cabinet behind the breaker panel. It looks like the remote display will fit just above the breaker panel.
    Can you tell I'm working on a project on the computer and waiting for stuff to compile? Believe it or not I do have a life outside of this forum.

Check out this thread: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...a-2019-315rlts
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Many people use the EMSHW50C. I've installed it in both of my last 5th wheels and I have one sitting in my garage right now ready to install in our new Solitude when it arrives next month. The install is very straight forward but the thick wires are a bit difficult to work with inside the EMS box. You've selected an excellent EMS from a company that provides excellent support.
      Brian & Kellie
      2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
      2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
      2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
      2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. That is a great writeup on the install! My cabinet is different but that is very similar to what I want to do. I may have to work through the hole where the breaker panel is mounted.
        Imagine 3000QB
        2019 Ram Bighorn

Comment

Working...
        X