Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compass Connect Communication

Hey Everyone,
    Quick question, I have the 2022 Reflection 303RLS with the control panel prior to the Compass Connect Panel. Hence it is the Grand Design Panel with the Compass Connect touch screen in the pass-thru. It is the one that you needed to scan the QR code to connect to the Compass Connect. Curious on what protocol does it use, once connected, to communicate between the system and the device (iPhone in this case). As I might of deleted the Bluetooth connection off my device by accident (under iPhone settings). If it is Wi-Fi, no issue. If it is Bluetooth, then I am 100% sure I did delete it as it isn't listed.

Now I haven't been at the trailer to set it up this year yet, that is this weekend. I am just curious if I screwed myself on this one. If I did, what is the procedure to get the connection back, is it delete the RV from the compass connect app and then follow the full connection procedure? And in that case, do I need to redo everything, including the Tire Linc.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by gtippett; 04-30-2024, 01:28 PM.
    We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 GMC Denali 3500

Hey Everyone,

So update and a new question for the group. After beating my head against the wall, I was able to connect my iPhone to my Compass Connect. It was via the search for device on the app as the QR and the enter the details didn't work. And it popped up after I gave up... LOL

But it is not a strong connection, as it drops out. That is if I close the app and re-open it, it won't reconnect... unless I minimize the app (moving it to the background) and then bring it back up (forefront). Which is very strange in my mind. After talking to Lippert, they did confirm that my system indeed uses a Bluetooth connection. And in terms of my issue, they also said that it might be caused by the fact that I just installed the batteries and the Bluetooth chip/module is in a safe mode to protect it. So they said to completely disconnect al power from the trailer (shore, battery and solar) and leave it for 5 minutes. Then reinstall the power and the chip should be reset and out of the safe mode. Has anyone else had this happen?

Sadly the other option, is the Bluetooth chip/module is dying. Which I hope is not the case.
    We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

gtippett -- if you know someone with an Android phone, try the app with it. If the same result then the issue (most likely) is with the CompassConnect unit. If the app/unit works as expected, the issue is likely with the Apple phone.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X