No announcement yet.

GFCI Tripping!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all the gfci plugs 2019 297rsts?

Comment

Hi Tom,

Welcome to our owners technical forum.

There should be one on the end of the island closest to the door and maybe another one in the bathroom.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Spernoga View Post
        Where are all the gfci plugs 2019 297rsts?
        In addition to Rob's input, the outlet(s) in the passthru are usually connected to the GFCI circuit, too. Any easy way to test is to shut off the GFCI circuit breaker and then test each outlet in the camper to see which one's no longer work. Since it's the GFCI circuit you're testing, you could also press the TEST button on the outlet and again test to see which outlets don't work.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

New member here and late to this thread. I have brand new momentum 21g that had a gfi issue the day of delivery. The bad gfi on my rig was behind the TV, being brand new the dealer repaired it on the spot ( another long story)
          Not at all happy with the dealers repair, I dug Into it. The circuit labeled inverter is as follows left side of mirror>tv>kit upper cabinet>kit left of sink kitchen is load side of gfi (this circuit passes through the small panel box on breakers main and tv) it Strange...it was setup for those who bought the inverter.

2nd circuit labeled Gen/gfi right of mirror>bedroom tv>bath gfi>outside outlet>curbside inside outlet
          I believe the 25 g and 2gg are somewhat similiar

I suspect that you have a neutral touching a ground inside one of the outlets downstream of the gfi....or a weak neutral connection...guessing because it takes a while to trip but moisture can do this also.
          BTW the insides of the Rv oulets...warning graphic images you might not sleep
          This is not a G f I outlet and it has it's rear cover removed

Comment

You may want to invest in a https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-...202867890-_-N& and start testing plugs. I've read somewhere that one backwards plug cause headaches. Simple things like reversing the neutral and hot may cause delayed trips. That tester is relatively inexpensive and can be used in a multitude of places. You can even use it to test post power in campgrounds with the correct adapters.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X