changing out converter/charger module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing out converter/charger module

I'd like to replace the WF-89555PEC converter/charger module with one specifically for lithium batteries. Is anyone familiar with this type of change out. I really would prefer not to have to change out the entire power station.
    2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
    2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
    FMCA # 489460

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
    I'd like to replace the WF-89555PEC converter/charger module with one specifically for lithium batteries. Is anyone familiar with this type of change out. I really would prefer not to have to change out the entire power station.
    The 89555's converter is a board mounted within the power center. It's the item at the bottom labeled "Main Board Assy Converter".

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sketch.JPG Views:	182 Size:	80.7 KB ID:	14593

Doing a google search turned up this image:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Main Board.JPG Views:	160 Size:	80.8 KB ID:	14594

Howard
    Last edited by howson; 04-20-2020, 07:36 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Take a look at http://www.bestconverter.com/PD-4655...l#.XnT-y6hKiUl.

It gives a description and pictures to show how to make this Wildkat 4655L Main Board Assembly converter compatible with Lithium batteries.

Norm
      Last edited by howson; 03-20-2020, 01:10 PM. Reason: Posted full URL instead of link. I don't know why filter flagged it. -hw
      Norm & Karla
      2019 Imagine 2150rb
      2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
      2016 - 2018 Hobie Kayaks

Comment

Call Bestconverter.com at 888.828.1893. or 334-406-0653. They will listen to you and make the correct recommendation. The owner is a retired Army Apache pilot. Talk about a technical background! Super helpful too.

Replaced my WFCO Converter this winter and they guided me to a reliable replacement. Now if we can just hit the road...
        Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 03-20-2020, 07:52 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

Thank you Oregon Fun-Guy and RivercityJeff. I appreciate the info and will be contacting Bestconverter.com next week.
          2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
          Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
          FMCA # 489460

Comment

For better charging off a generator I installed a deck-mount IOTA converter inside the hookup center in the pass through.The stock WFCO is turned off at its breaker but is still used as an AC and DC power distribution center.
            2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Hi,
              I also have a 2600RB (2017 model) and I want to change to lithium batteries.Have you chosen a charger yet?
              Tom and Kathy
              2017 2600RB
              2011 Ford F150 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by tmrgn99 View Post

Hi,
                I also have a 2600RB (2017 model) and I want to change to lithium batteries.Have you chosen a charger yet?
                I went with the PD4655TV and ordered it from Bestconverter.com. They were very helpful in verifying this was the lithium replacement for the WFCO 8955 converter that was in my unit. I had the new unit in 2 business days.

Replacement took about 30 minutes, not counting disconnecting both AC and DC power. I also would suggest taking a picture of the setup before you start disconnecting the wiring (3 AC and 2 DC wires). Also the make sure you pay attention to the DC wires from the PD4655TV (positive is black, negative is white) and they both have tags for polarity.

Here is the site I ordered from:

http://www.bestconverter.com/PD4655M...l#.Xp0E8K6SnD4

Also you might want to view this video before doing a replacement. Real easy but previewing the video is very helpful.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...il&FORM=VIREHT

Norris
                Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
                FMCA # 489460

Comment

[QUOTE][I went with the PD4655TV and ordered it from Bestconverter.com. They were very helpful in verifying this was the lithium replacement for the WFCO 8955 converter that was in my unit. I had the new unit in 2 business days.

Replacement took about 30 minutes, not counting disconnecting both AC and DC power. I also would suggest taking a picture of the setup before you start disconnecting the wiring (3 AC and 2 DC wires). Also the make sure you pay attention to the DC wires from the PD4655TV (positive is black, negative is white) and they both have tags for polarity.

Also you might want to view this video before doing a replacement. Real easy but previewing the video is very helpful.

Norris/QUOTE]

Thanks Norris,.
                  I ordered this one from Bestconverter.com today.

http://www.bestconverter.com/PD-4655...l#.Xp3uipl7lpm

Tommy
                  Tom and Kathy
                  2017 2600RB
                  2011 Ford F150 ecoboost

Comment

I went with the PD4655TV and ordered it from Bestconverter.com. They were very helpful in verifying this was the lithium replacement for the WFCO 8955 converter that was in my unit. I had the new unit in 2 business days.

Norris
                    Thanks,
                    (i meant to use quotes)
                    Tommy
                    Tom and Kathy
                    2017 2600RB
                    2011 Ford F150 ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                    X