Fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel gauge

Inside fuel gauge is not working. Outside one works. Customer service said they are aware and have a fix. I want to use my mobil tech so they said to have him call for the fix and I just have to pay his service fee. This is a brand new Momentum 28g. Does anyone know what this fix is? I don't want to take it back to crooked dealer I purchased it from.

Originally posted by Shaines1959 View Post
    Inside fuel gauge is not working. Outside one works. Customer service said they are aware and have a fix. I want to use my mobil tech so they said to have him call for the fix and I just have to pay his service fee. This is a brand new Momentum 28g. Does anyone know what this fix is? I don't want to take it back to crooked dealer I purchased it from.
    Welcome

I will tag GDRV-Megan and ask her if she has any input to help you. I am sure she will want to have your vin# so have then handy.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Do you remember who you spoke with? I can check with the rep that told you about this fix. I'm unaware of this, but will certainly look into it. Thanks!

Comment

I don't remember his name. He said to have my mobile mechanic call. But if it is a simple fix I would prefer to fix myself.

Comment

Vin is 573TM3525K5502952

Comment

Vin is 573TM3525K5502952
            Did you get any resolution to this problem with the interior fuel gauge? I am having the same exact problem, new unit, outdoor gauge works fine but indoor unit appears to be dead. Let me know what you came up with. Thanks.

Comment

FYI, to all that have had this problem, I finally located a thread on a Facebook group page that specifically addresses this problem. There is a fairly simple fix but some disassembly is required. It turns out, a wire is missing from the factory (power wire) that plugs onto the gauge. Since power is close by, a short length of wire can be installed to provide the additional wire needed by the gauge. I plan to make this correction and will report back on the results. By the way, the Grand Design technical service bulletin on this is TSB-19-001 FIELD FIX. Stay tuned!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BikerMike View Post
                FYI, to all that have had this problem, I finally located a thread on a Facebook group page that specifically addresses this problem. There is a fairly simple fix but some disassembly is required. It turns out, a wire is missing from the factory (power wire) that plugs onto the gauge. Since power is close by, a short length of wire can be installed to provide the additional wire needed by the gauge. I plan to make this correction and will report back on the results. By the way, the Grand Design technical service bulletin on this is TSB-19-001 FIELD FIX. Stay tuned!
                GDRV-Megan -- can you confirm BikerMike 's info? If possible, can you post the TSB here?
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

GDRV-Megan -- can you confirm BikerMike 's info? If possible, can you post the TSB here?
                  I don't have the actual TSB in hand but I am attaching a few more pics of what I did find. Grand design should be able to provide this in .pdf format.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I now have a full copy of the TSB from GD to share. See attached.

Moderator Note: The TSB is meant for "field personnel" so there are (IMO) warnings and cautions that are not documented as they would be if this product was meant for owners. For example, step 1 involves removing the monitor panel. This panel will have "live" 12V on the switches that could easily be shorted to ground. If you are at ALL unsure of what you're doing have your dealer do the work or get authorization from GD to get a mobile mechanic to do the work. -Howard
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by howson; 04-01-2020, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Shaines1959 Please see BikerMike post above , #10. Here he has post the TSD from Grand Design.

Thanks for adding this Mike....

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you BikerMike! I will repair myself.

Comment

Sorry all!! I was side tracked with a few other things this afternoon!

The TSB that BikerMike has posted IS the correct document. If you feel comfortable with this repair, you may do this yourself. If you're not comfortable with this repair, we do recommend reaching out to either your dealer or a service tech to take care of this.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else.

Comment

Thank you BikerMike! I will repair myself.
                            One other thing to think about. You might want to consider installing a momentary switch in the line between the fuel gauge and 12 volt power source. If not the gauge will be powered all the time which results in another small current drain. You can mount it near the gauge like the example picture I have attached. The second picture shows the switch I put together for install into my 21G. As you are aware, the exterior gauge also uses a momentary switch so its not powered all the time. Just something to think about.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3804.png
Views:	1110
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	15885Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3806.jpg
Views:	1183
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	15884

Comment

Great info! Thx again. Will be doing this after work today.

Comment

Working...
                              X