Inverter location on 2020 Grand Design Solitude 3740BH-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverter location on 2020 Grand Design Solitude 3740BH-R

I just got a new 2020 Grand Design Solitude 3740BH-R with a residential refrigerator, the solar prep wiring (no solar panels), and the generator prep (no generator), and I would like to know where the Inverter for this unit is located.
    The Build Sheet identifies a 2000 Watt Magnum CSW2012 inverter. However the build sheet also shows a 5500 Watt Onan generator which I don't have, and a Jaboni Solar Charge Controller.
    Can anyone tell me where the Inverter for this unit is located, and whether or not Grand Design really includes the Jaboni Solar Charge Controller on the units that only have the solar prep wiring, and if it is included, where the location may be.
    This is my first 5th wheel, and I am trying to familiarize myself with the unit, and I really would appreciate any help, or comments.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by plopez View Post
    I just got a new 2020 Grand Design Solitude 3740BH-R with a residential refrigerator, the solar prep wiring (no solar panels), and the generator prep (no generator), and I would like to know where the Inverter for this unit is located.
    The Build Sheet identifies a 2000 Watt Magnum CSW2012 inverter. However the build sheet also shows a 5500 Watt Onan generator which I don't have, and a Jaboni Solar Charge Controller.
    Can anyone tell me where the Inverter for this unit is located, and whether or not Grand Design really includes the Jaboni Solar Charge Controller on the units that only have the solar prep wiring, and if it is included, where the location may be.
    This is my first 5th wheel, and I am trying to familiarize myself with the unit, and I really would appreciate any help, or comments.
    Thanks.
    There's a similar thread here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...g-refrigerator

Please give the entire thread a read and, please, respond here if you still have questions or if it helped.

Thanks, and welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum!

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

plopez

Solar prep only includes the connections on the roof and wiring down into the front storage on a fifth wheel unit. The solar package , which includes a solar panel on the roof would have the charger located on the wall or ceiling in the front storage. It is possible that the inverter in your unit is located in the front storage , it may also be behind the rear removable wall in the pass thru storage bay.

Welcome to the forum.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian, Howard,

Thank you very much for the great information. It was very helpful.

Regards,

Pablo

Comment

Did you ever find where it is located on this unit? I have no green light on my anymore, and need to troubleshoot. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Comitchell6 View Post
            Did you ever find where it is located on this unit? I have no green light on my anymore, and need to troubleshoot. TIA
            Welcome to the forum, Comitchell6. Did you read the thread linked in post #2? I think it will answer your question. (If not, post again here or in that thread.) Here it is again: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...g-refrigerator

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X