Solar power inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar power inlet

Hello, my wife and I picked up our first ever travel trailer last week. It's a 2021 Imagine 2670MK. I can't find the solar power inlet, the brochure says that they come standard. Is it hidden somewhere or does anyone know if maybe they stopped installing them? The dealer is closed for a few weeks and I can't ask them right now.
    Mark and Cheryl
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500
    2021 Imagine 2670MK

Originally posted by Fitter235 View Post
    Hello, my wife and I picked up our first ever travel trailer last week. It's a 2021 Imagine 2670MK. I can't find the solar power inlet, the brochure says that they come standard. Is it hidden somewhere or does anyone know if maybe they stopped installing them? The dealer is closed for a few weeks and I can't ask them right now.
    The connection point for the solar is on the drivers side of the trailer in front of the door to the pass thru. There is a cover on the connector socket that you need to lift up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar.JPG
Views:	1691
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	15927
    Last edited by howson; 04-03-2020, 05:32 AM. Reason: Added pic to your post, Norm. Hope you don't mind...
    Norm & Karla
    2019 Imagine 2150rb
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
    2016 - 2018 Hobie Kayaks

Comment

I have seen that on other trailers that we looked at. Our trailer doesn't have one anywhere on it.
      Mark and Cheryl
      2008 Dodge Ram 3500
      2021 Imagine 2670MK

Comment

Originally posted by Fitter235 View Post
        I have seen that on other trailers that we looked at. Our trailer doesn't have one anywhere on it.
        It could be due to Grand Design switching from what I think they called "Solar Prep" (the Furrion outlet) to "Solar Ready". The latter is wiring coming down from the roof with a removable plate allowing relatively easy installation of rooftop solar panels and a controller in the camper.

GDRV-Megan -- can you clarify for this owner? FYI, the website specs at https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...orplans/2670mk say "Solar Power Inlet" which is yet another fuzzy term.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Solar Power Inlet.JPG Views:	0 Size:	112.4 KB ID:	15932
        Last edited by howson; 04-03-2020, 11:23 AM.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Could they have moved the plug to the frame? Somewhere I saw a picture of that - up front somewhere under the skirt. Also do they still not attaching the wiring to the battery (leave it wrapped up somewhere)?

Just brainstorming here. I am sure Megan will clear this up quickly
          Keith
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

If it doesn't have the port, Furrion sells the parts. I ordered one and installed it on my son's trailer.

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Found it. They switched to a product from Jaboni Power Products. there is a box mounted on the roof to connect solar panels to. The wires run down the front,, go through the docking station and down under the frame to a circuit breaker. I don't know if I'll ever use it, but at least I know where it is now. Thanks for the help.

Mark
              Mark and Cheryl
              2008 Dodge Ram 3500
              2021 Imagine 2670MK

Comment

Working...
              X