Spare landing gear switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare landing gear switch

Yep I am a bit board. Spent part of yesterday going through the spare stuff for the RV. You know plumbing parts, Pex pipe. spare wiring (marine grade) etc. . However I found I do not have a spare landing gear switch. I know in an emergency I can bypass the switch by pulling/shorting the correct terminals, but I probably need to have a bunch of fuses on hand as I don't know the wire locations on the stock switch.

So does anyone know the existing brand and model number of the existing switch. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/2160; 420071 : SWITCH-SIGMSW 7115-108-SA 1G BLK SWITCH W/ DUST COVER

In searching for replacements two brands appear in most posts.
    JR products https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...SABEgIObfD_BwE

Gama brand https://www.gamainc.com/product/129-pr-mom/ Amazon is 3x the price with shipping

So what brand is best and are there others? Are any of these a direct replacement - fit existing hole or box. I guess I could pull the existing one, but did not want to break the seal.

Thanks - back to my corner,
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    [SIZE=10px][FONT=arial]Are any of these a direct replacement - fit existing hole or box.
    Not sure exactly the switch you're looking for Keith, but I've got one of these headed my way (also for my spare parts bin).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lippert Switch.JPG
Views:	1098
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	16919
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Not sure exactly the switch you're looking for Keith, but I've got one of these headed my way (also for my spare parts bin).

Name:	Lippert Switch.JPG
Views:	1098
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	16919
      Thanks Howard I need to go look at my switch and possibly pull it. I'm not sure it looks like the one pictured. Mine looks like the link in my post to the GD parts page.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I have the 150 series 295RL 5th wheel. I had to replace mine and I believe I bought the JR Products switch. Also, I think it was cheaper than the Lippert switch. I bought 2 to also have a spare.

Comment

Attached are pictures of the original switches. I have replaced both of mine, but kept the one that didn't fail, as a spare. Most of the aftermarket replacements are rated at 15A . . . note that the originals are 30A switches and this is what is required for the stabilizer or landing gear motors. A "less important" observation . . . the original switch bezels have "Retract" at the top and "Extend" at the bottom . . . intuitive for lifting or lowering the stabilizers or landing gear. All of the replacements (including the ones that I got from Grand Design) have this reversed as shown in post 3. I had to be "re-trained" after installing the switches to match the bezel labelling. I thought about just reversing the wires . . . but, that would have been even more confusing .

Note that the manufacturer of the original switches is YIS.

Rob
          Attached Files
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by cwalters2112 View Post
            I have the 150 series 295RL 5th wheel. I had to replace mine and I believe I bought the JR Products switch. Also, I think it was cheaper than the Lippert switch. I bought 2 to also have a spare.
            Thanks I found a 30 A JR switch - However the same switch (0807) is rated at 16a elsewhere, so I have sent an email to confirm. The gamainc is clearly marked 30A and USA made. Ill pull mine and verify the fit or need for a mounting bezel. Hopefully I can re-used the water proof cover I have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              Attached are pictures of the original switches. I have replaced both of mine, but kept the one that didn't fail, as a spare. Most of the aftermarket replacements are rated at 15A . . . note that the originals are 30A switches and this is what is required for the stabilizer or landing gear motors. A "less important" observation . . . the original switch bezels have "Retract" at the top and "Extend" at the bottom . . . intuitive for lifting or lowering the stabilizers or landing gear. All of the replacements (including the ones that I got from Grand Design) have this reversed as shown in post 3. I had to be "re-trained" after installing the switches to match the bezel labelling. I thought about just reversing the wires . . . but, that would have been even more confusing .

Note that the manufacturer of the original switches is YIS.

Rob
              You're right--the label is reversed! I doubt I'd have caught that if you hadn't of mentioned it. It also has wires coming out the back instead of male connections like the OEM version. I'll have to prep my spare so it's ready to connect should I ever need it.

Otherwise it looks like an exact replacement for my 315RLTS.

Note new switch has wires coming out of it instead of male plugs like the original (see the picture at the end of this post).

Name:	20200421_124546 (Large).jpg
Views:	1275
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	17119

Original switch has male plug and the trailer wiring has female connectors.

Name:	20200421_124434 (Large).jpg
Views:	964
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	17120
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have the JR Products switch from the Amazon link, PN 13635..I'd gotten it for the front landing legs switch.
                I hadn't noticed the switch in the package is a Sigma 129 Series switch
                It has several ratings on it for the different voltages, 12V @ 30A besides the other ratings.
                I haven't had to use it so don't know if the dust cover fits over it. The switch does fit the rear stabilizer faceplate like Rob posted for the rear.
                The switch has exposed terminals so I don't think it would handle water spray if used for the rear stabilizers.
                I like the looks of the Lippert switch for the rear stabilizers with the wires sealed into the switch, will have to pick up one.

JR 13635

Gene and Kim
                2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
                2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Working...
                X