Flashing brake lights, rig is parked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing brake lights, rig is parked.

I parked the rig, left it hooked up to my 2020 GMC Denali because it was too dark to unhook at night. About 30 minutes after I noticed that the brake lights on the 2020 GD Momentum 328 G were flashing every 2 - 3 minutes. I checked the 5th wheel and everything was turned off. After checking for 20 - 30 minutes, I disconnected the 7 pin from the truck and that solved the problem.

I was wondering if anyone els had this type of issue. I don't want this to happen if I stop for the night and don't unhook the 5th wheel from the truck when I start traveling.

Thanks for the ideas and input.

Probably the alarm system in the truck.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Guest -- any ideas what could cause the Papa Hawg's issue?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Hawg View Post
        I parked the rig, left it hooked up to my 2020 GMC Denali because it was too dark to unhook at night. About 30 minutes after I noticed that the brake lights on the 2020 GD Momentum 328 G were flashing every 2 - 3 minutes. I checked the 5th wheel and everything was turned off. After checking for 20 - 30 minutes, I disconnected the 7 pin from the truck and that solved the problem.

I was wondering if anyone els had this type of issue. I don't want this to happen if I stop for the night and don't unhook the 5th wheel from the truck when I start traveling.

Thanks for the ideas and input.
        It's a known issue for GM trucks and others. The truck is sending a pulse to check for a trailer connection.
        2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate 4x4, magnetic grey
        2019 Momentum 381M w/Reese Goosebox 2.0, no FBP :(

Comment

One word of caution for leaving the 7 way plugged into the truck when parked and engine is not running, it will drain the truck battery if left for a period of time (24 hours). Don't ask me how I know
          Brady & Steph
          2019 Momentum 351m FBP
          2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
          *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
          *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

Originally posted by TENN22 View Post
            One word of caution for leaving the 7 way plugged into the truck when parked and engine is not running, it will drain the truck battery if left for a period of time (24 hours). Don't ask me how I know
            This happened on your '19 F350?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

On the 2020 GMC Denali. If your "trailer connected messages" are behaving normally and you have the U1D trailer theft option, the trailer module will periodically check that the trailer is connected by periodically flashing the trailer lights while parked with the key off. This is normal.

Also make sure all your trailer settings are correct for your particular rig. This can be found in the Trailer app in your infotainment system.
              Hope this helps,

Jim
              Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

This happened on your '19 F350?
                Nope, the 2011 F350 and Reflection. Returned home late didn't disconnect, next day after work I went to move truck and battery was dead.
                Brady & Steph
                2019 Momentum 351m FBP
                2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
                *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
                *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

Originally posted by TENN22 View Post

Nope, the 2011 F350 and Reflection. Returned home late didn't disconnect, next day after work I went to move truck and battery was dead.
                  Strange, Ford uses a relay so the trailer battery feed isn't hot all the time. I had a GM, the battery feed was always powered.
                  2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

The GM truck will shut off all power as a function of the battery saver feature. For the OP with the Denali, the security system will monitor that the trailer is connect and should someone disconnect it with the security set in the trailer app, the horn and lights will flash to alert that the trailer is being disconnected.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                    X