Electrical/exteriorlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical/exteriorlights

I have a 2018 Solitude 344GK. I put on the exterior front cap lights and noticed the little blue lights under the bedroom slide do not work. All the other lights work. I have checked the connections that I can find in the front storage compartment but unsure where the connections are in the bedroom slide.

If possible an electrical schematic for the 2018 344GK would be helpful. TIA

Mike
    Mike and Lori Pater
    Retired
    2018 Solitude 344GK
    2018 GMC 3500 DRW

mike.pater@comcast.net
    Hi Mike,

There is often a separate switch for these lights on the water connection panel.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob is correct. On our Solitude (as it was on our Reflection) the switch for the little blue lights under the bed slide is on the water panel inside the convenience center. On the Reflection it wasn't labeled... I haven't noticed whether or not it's labeled on our Solitude.

Rob

PS: It was a surprise to me to find that the dome light in the front "tool" compartment (where the batteries are) doesn't work unless the switch for the front cap and undercarriage lights is on.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
        [USER="5"]

PS: It was a surprise to me to find that the dome light in the front "tool" compartment (where the batteries are) doesn't work unless the switch for the front cap and undercarriage lights is on.
        I wasn't surprised after seeing other examples of the wiring that the "electrical installer experts" do on these units.

Here's what I did. Renee has since labeled them: Front Cap, Ground Effect, Storage Compartment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LED_Switches.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	17611

-Steve

Attached Files
        2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
        Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
        2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
        18k B&W Companion, non-slider
        640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
        Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
        Somerset, WI

Comment

Thank you all for the info. Man do I feel like a BoneHead! LOL. There it was I totally forgot and didn’t see it
          Mike and Lori Pater
          Retired
          2018 Solitude 344GK
          2018 GMC 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by mike.pater@comcast.net View Post
            Thank you all for the info. Man do I feel like a BoneHead! LOL. There it was I totally forgot and didn’t see it
            No way you should feel bad. LOTS of folks either saw the switch and didn't know what it was, or had no idea where the switch might be. GD is notorious for doing goofy things with switches. Like mounting a bank of switches out of sight under a low hanging shelf or cabinet.

In my case, I discovered the switch, but since I was switching it on and off during the day, no way could I see the blue lights in sunlight.

-Steve
            2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
            Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
            2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
            18k B&W Companion, non-slider
            640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
            Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
            Somerset, WI

Comment

At one time, "What does the unlabeled switch in the middle of the water panel do?" was the most frequently asked forum question. For years, Grand Design did not label this switch. Maybe they do now?

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
              X