No announcement yet.

Major lighting upgrade for Imagine 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I guess I should have explained my question a little clearer. On the 297RSTS, the switch is a round rocker switch in a 3/4" hole on the nautilus panel. The switch you have listed is the same one I have installed after watching your video in our bedroom.

Also one more quick electrical question. I saw a post where their fuse blew for the awning and you need to remove the panel for access. Why couldn't they install a breaker on the panel? Why a fuse? Same with the water pump. If the fuse blows on it, you need to take the cover off to access the fuse. Why not a small resettable breaker?

Comment

Originally posted by jh2pizza View Post
      Sorry, I guess I should have explained my question a little clearer. On the 297RSTS, the switch is a round rocker switch in a 3/4" hole on the nautilus panel. The switch you have listed is the same one I have installed after watching your video in our bedroom.

Also one more quick electrical question. I saw a post where their fuse blew for the awning and you need to remove the panel for access. Why couldn't they install a breaker on the panel? Why a fuse? Same with the water pump. If the fuse blows on it, you need to take the cover off to access the fuse. Why not a small resettable breaker?
      I'd already taken my switch out of the Nautilus in anticipation of moving it, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	R13-112.JPG Views:	0 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	20035
      As shown above, the switch from my panel is a R13-112 14VDC 20A. This link https://www.tme.com/us/en-us/details...-switches/sci/ is to a yellow switch, but the page has a lot of related information:

The documentation has a schematic--helpful to compare to a contemplated replacement: https://www.tme.com/Document/00bde34...903%29-DTE.pdf

Click image for larger version  Name:	Circuit Diagram.JPG Views:	0 Size:	7.7 KB ID:	20036

I'm not 100% certain where these wires go, but this is how the switch was wired on the panel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	How it was wired.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	20037
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by jh2pizza View Post
        I believe this is because a fuse setup is cheaper. If you swapped it out, you would probably just want to make sure you purchased a breaker that was designed for 12v use. This may help:

https://library.automationdirect.com...hould-you-use/
        2020 Imagine 2400BH
        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

I had installed these for the water pump right after we picked up the unit. Then I got to thinking, maybe there was a very good reason I should not have done this.

https://www.amazon.com/Tocas-Circuit...56&sr=8-3&th=1

Comment

Actually they could be very useful. I would use the 30amp for the 1K inverter I'm installing for the TV/satellite system. That way I could place them in the entertainment center area (probably behind the TV) and reset easily if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Tocas-Circuit...56&sr=8-3&th=1
            Last edited by Running from Gnats; 05-31-2020, 08:53 PM.
            2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
            2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
            Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
            FMCA # 489460

Comment

Regarding the BUCK controller... I read your "why" and it makes sense. Are these also used during manufacturing by GD for the LED lights they install (I suspect not)? If not, why? Are their LEDs more tolerant of the voltage variables and the cost/risk is not worth it?
              Last edited by RVA-Jeff; 07-15-2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Hey DavidC Great job on your lighting upgrades! I have some I would like to make, as they say no good deed goes unpunished. I have a question that maybe you or anyone else can answer. I have no experience with LED strip lighting. From what I can tell they require a power supply.

We have a 2970RL which has a pantry. The DW wants better lighting in the pantry, ie light for each shelf. The pantry already has a motion light in it at the top on the side wall. I would like to add an LED strip down the inside of the door so it lights up all the shelves, not just the top one. I believe someone here commented they have done this. I thought it would be great if I could tie the LED strip into the existing motion sensor light so that when it turned on it would power the LED strip. Do you see that being possible without having to install an additional power supply? Any suggestions are appreciated.
                Mike & Lisa
                Central Florida
                2021 Imagine 2970RL
                1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

OurNewEra (Mike)-- this thread may give you a few ideas. Make sure and read through to the end since I did it twice (better the second time): https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...rip-lights-mod
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                  X