Awning Fuse Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning Fuse Location

Can anyone tell me where the fuses for my awnings are located? None of the 15 amp 12V fuses in my panel are labeled awning/s.

Thanks.
    2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Originally posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Can anyone tell me where the fuses for my awnings are located? None of the 15 amp 12V fuses in my panel are labeled awning/s.

Thanks.
    Probably buried behind the Convenience Center panel or close to the awning switch (I'm not familiar with your unit's layout). None of the "buried" fuses are labeled on GD's drawings.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...l-2019-315rlts
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The fuse that usually blows is the control fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rparg57 View Post
        The fuse that usually blows is the control fuse.
        KirbyRVA if Rparg57 has nailed it for you then you'll likely find that other switches in your control panel also don't work.

That control fuse may be buried in the jumbled nest of wires behind the panel where most of your control switches are located, an ATC (automotive type) fuse, IIRC 7.5 amps. It may be in the breaker panel, a 15-amp ATC fuse that might be labeled "monitor panel".

If everything else works but not the awning then you may still find the problem behind the control panel. Be gentle when you remove it - it's easy to disturb connections behind it and find that something else stops working. Also probably worth exploring why the fuse has blown - outside connectors, jamming, water incursion.

Good luck.
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

KirbyRVA if Rparg57 has nailed it for you then you'll likely find that other switches in your control panel also don't work.

That control fuse may be buried in the jumbled nest of wires behind the panel where most of your control switches are located, an ATC (automotive type) fuse, IIRC 7.5 amps. It may be in the breaker panel, a 15-amp ATC fuse that might be labeled "monitor panel".

If everything else works but not the awning then you may still find the problem behind the control panel. Be gentle when you remove it - it's easy to disturb connections behind it and find that something else stops working. Also probably worth exploring why the fuse has blown - outside connectors, jamming, water incursion.

Good luck.
          Here is a photo of a fuse behind the convenience center on my 2017 297RSTS.

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I was going to look behind the control panel next. Even my dealer had no idea where the fuse/s might be.

Everything else works including the larger front awning. I removed the motor cover on the smaller non-working awning, checked the two wire connections (looked fine) and tapped on the motor with the head of a screwdriver. The awning started working.

I had the coach washed and polished the day before. They did use a pressure washer on the rig so maybe some water got in something. Or, I may have a motor that is starting to go bad.
            2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Comment

Working...
            X