Clear All

• Left Turn & Stop Lights Not Working

My L Turn / Stop lights not working , think the wire is bad what’s
    the best way to run a new wire to the back.? My rig is a Momentum 381M

Originally posted by roylb@att.net View Post
    Moved to Technical Forum > Electrical.

Welcome to the forum--I'm sure someone will respond shortly.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

roylb@att.net
      The most common place for the wiring to come apart is in the junction box where the umbilical cord to the truck transitions to the trailer wiring. This is at the pinbox. Open this up and look for problems . . . before considering running new wires within the trailer.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Before you dig too deeply in the wiring, check that you don’t have a blown fuse or bad relay in your truck. Some vehicles have a separate fuse for each turn/brake light, and some have a single fuse with a relay for each side.
        John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by roylb@att.net View Post
          I know you're new so just want to verify you found where I moved this...could you do me the favor of posting on the thread so I know you've seen the input from Cate&Rob and Jkwilson ?
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Ok..I have seen he comments

Comment

All really good tips. Not sure what model year your rig is but older units have incandescent bulbs for tail lights where the bulb can burn out. The stop and turn are on the same circuit and the same filament of the incandescent bulb. Also a shared circuit on an LED type as well, where usually these are far more robust.

Also not sure what truck the OP has where my GMC has individual fuses for each function of the trailer wiring.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X