Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I add outlets to my transfer switch easily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I add outlets to my transfer switch easily?

Hello all... We just picked up our 2020 Momentum 25G last weekend!

We have been camping all of our lives, and have had TT's for the last 20 years, but we are new to the solar/inverter world.

It seems like not all of our outlets are connected to the transfer switch - just the kitchen & bedroom tvs (which we never use) and 2 outlets in the kitchen. We have a small outdoor fridge, and I'd like to have it added to the transfer switch so it can run when we are not hooked up to shore power and the generator isn't running.

We do a lot of dry-camping and I don't want to run the generator all day to keep my beer cold. We do have the solar package, so I'm hoping that it will keep the batteries charged up enough to run the outside fridge.

Thanks in advance for the help!!! I've got a lot to learn about this!
    B&E

Welcome and congrats on the 25G.

If you are electrically handy I am sure you can move some of the wiring around to utilize what you would prefer and what you would not need. Adding circuits may allow you to use more battery power than you would replenish with solar. The changes may be made easily in the main power panel. Just be careful with the electricity , turn off all power including solar before attempting any of this.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X