Maxx Air vent fan add help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxx Air vent fan add help

I am wanting to add a maxx air fan to my bedroom. I have a 2020 imagine 2600rb. There is an opening vent currently but no fan. Is there power at this location normally? Thanks for the help

GDRV-Megan
    Hi Megan . . . could you confirm whether or not there is a 12V supply to this hatch location?

Bmccain05
    If there is no 12V fan there and no mention of “prep for AC installation” I don’t think there will be a 12V supply. I have asked Megan (who works for Grand Design) to confirm this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Bmccain05 View Post
      I am wanting to add a maxx air fan to my bedroom. I have a 2020 imagine 2600rb. There is an opening vent currently but no fan. Is there power at this location normally? Thanks for the help
      There is a shroud on the inside of that vent area where you'll see a few screws that remove easily. Pull down that shroud and look around--there *should* be 12v wires capped off behind it. I'm basing that statement on a drawing called the CODE PLAN for a 2600RB. It shows a "PV" (powered vent) above the foot of the bed.

Let me quickly add that your 2600RB could be different from the drawing I am looking at. The drawing I have is old (but even though it is GD does not allow me to post it). If you call Grand Design Customer Service and provide them with your VIN, a representative will be able to definitely tell you if there's power there or not. 1-574-825-9679

Really it's extremely easy to remove that shroud--just take it down and take a look.

Be aware the 12v wires may be "live", so treat them as such until you completely disconnect all power sources from the trailer or have verified they are safe.

And welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        GDRV-Megan
        Hi Megan . . . could you confirm whether or not there is a 12V supply to this hatch location?

Bmccain05
        If there is no 12V fan there and no mention of “prep for AC installation” I don’t think there will be a 12V supply. I have asked Megan (who works for Grand Design) to confirm this.

Rob
        Oops--sorry, Rob, didn't realize you were answering...
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Oops--sorry, Rob, didn't realize you were answering...
          Hi Howard,
          No problem . . . your answer is better researched than mine !
          Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks so much. I will remove the shroud and look. No fan currently so hopefully it is a capped wire.

Comment

I appreciate both of your quick responses.

Comment

I was able to pull the shroud down as you indicated. No power, but I was able to pull power from the kitchen vent with pretty much no issue. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmccain05 View Post
                  it does look like you're able to install a power vent in that location. I'm going to private message you the code plan and electric plan for your unit.

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post

it does look like you're able to install a power vent in that location. I'm going to private message you the code plan and electric plan for your unit.
                    GDRV-Megan Thanks so much. I am still learning the site but I did get the private message with the info. Have a good one!

Comment

Working...
                    X