DVD player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD player

I am having trouble with my Furrion DVD to TCL freeman connection. When I play a DVD it will not show up on the TC L screen. I have the input set to HDMI1 which is correct. Has anybody had this problem?

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
    I am having trouble with my Furrion DVD to TCL freeman connection. When I play a DVD it will not show up on the TC L screen. I have the input set to HDMI1 which is correct. Has anybody had this problem?
    Welcome.

I have not had that problem. You may want to pull the DVD player and check the back to make sure of the right connection there. I guess that your already checked the back of the TV. The face plate of the player just pulls off , gently. Then there should be 4 screws that hold it in place, #2 square drive.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, Tommy. What year and model is your GDRV?

I'm drawing a blank reading the term "freeman"--can you elaborate?

Regardless of all the above, the HDMI cable could have come loose on the back of the Furrion, the cable itself could be bad, the TV connection could be bad, or the Furrion went bad. It could even be the DVD (some play, some don't in my player).

If I was to guess, if would be the Furrion itself. If I can be blunt, the only thing I use on the Furrion in my 315RLTS is the clock.

Good luck with your troubleshooting and stop back to let us know what you found.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Our 2020 303 has it set up in the ARC setting....

Comment

Originally posted by ooslab View Post
          Our 2020 303 has it set up in the ARC setting....
          I hope it's that easy! Tommy -- please note ooslab 's comment.

Welcome to the forum, ooslab . It's awesome when someone's first post is to provide helpful input!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I have a 2020 303rls. The DVD player works because I'm getting sound through the speakers but no picture. The DVD is connected through HDMI1. I would like to check the connection to the DVD but am having trouble getting there face plate off. Seems not be a gentle remove.

Comment

Also, for the ARC setting comment. It looks like that is how my DVD player is set. Does that mean that I need to set something different on the TCL? Thanks for everyones input. I'm new to GD ownership and trying to get a few bugs out of my rig.

Comment

Also, for the ARC setting comment. It looks like that is how my DVD player is set. Does that mean that I need to set something different on the TCL? Thanks for everyones input. I'm new to GD ownership and trying to get a few bugs out of my rig.
                I'll let ooslab help if they are willing...I'm not 100% sure on the settings. Gotta go cut the grass, so please post again later if you still need help (as otherwise I may not remember).

Again--welcome to the forum.

Comment

Yep, that would be a on the TCL input/source, I think it may be like the first menu whenst one turns it on...
                  I futzed a while also... it may be on the silly Furrion thing also, I think there is an ARC setting there also, on that source menu screen. ARC is cranky about cables also... HDMI 2.1
                  If you are getting sound my guess you have action also, just not going to TLC which may be the ARC on tv. I'm 22 miles from new 303 so just going off what I remember trying things out.
                  You may try switching HDMI to the ARC input if there is one, which I think there is. If that hasn't bored you yet here's a real explanation why I hate electrical issue's

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...ed-works-care/

If all else fails reboot? Bill Gates

Comment

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...ed-works-care/

Comment

As one more brain fart... Is this a commercial DVD?

Comment

Tommy, did you ever get your problem solved? I have the same problem. Sound from DVD but no picture on the TV. I moved the cable all around on the TV but no luck. My next step was to take out the DVD player.
                        John & Beata, Waterford, WI
                        2021 Reflection 337 RLS
                        2017 Ford F350 Lariat, Diesel, Crew Cab, Demco 21K Recon 5th Wheel Hitch
                        1200 watts solar, Multiplus II, 4 BB batteries, Orion DC/DC charger

Comment

I've not ran into this issue but did run into my Furrion system not being capable of playing a blue ray DVD. Had to buy a blue ray DVD machine which works perfectly with the TCL TV via HDMI.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                          X