273 MK Converter inline fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 273 MK Converter inline fuses

My battery won't charge when connected to shore power. Anybody know where the converter fuses are located on a 2019 273 MK? Also, is the battery not supposed to have a ground? I have a positive and a negative lead, my last trailer also had a ground and the lack of one is throwing me off.

Originally posted by Northof40 View Post
    My battery won't charge when connected to shore power. Anybody know where the converter fuses are located on a 2019 273 MK? Also, is the battery not supposed to have a ground? I have a positive and a negative lead, my last trailer also had a ground and the lack of one is throwing me off.
    Welcome to the Forum.

The converter should be behind the false wall in the pass thru storage area, this wall panel will be fastened on each end with some square drive screws. There are 2 fuses right on the converter. I am not sure if they would be bad. The battery will not charge unless the battery disconnect is turned to the "on" position. The ground wire should be wired right to the frame beside the battery. There is also a breaker in the panel inside labeled "converter" , make sure this is turned on as well. If the converter is running you will here a little fan noise , this is helpful to know it is working.

Sorry that know one has got back to you sooner.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian. I'll have a detailed look this weekend and see what I can find. Appreciate your reply.

aj

Comment

Northof40
        Hi aj

See this related thread with pictures. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...erter-location

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Update from last night. When I take out the battery disconnect and put it back in, the converter runs for a few seconds and then shuts off. Battery is down to 3/4 charge despite being plugged in for two weeks. I have now discovered that I don't have 110v service in the trailer but my A/C runs fine. All breakers and fuses seem to be in working order (I took off the false wall and found the converter). I reset the GFI several times without effect. I'm taking the unit in for some unrelated warranty work next week so I'll update the dealer with this.

Comment

Northof40

This is sounding like a shore power connection problem to half your panel. A 50A shore power supply has two separate 120V power feeds. This problem could be the power post you are plugged into, the connection cord to the trailer, the internal wiring to the trailer panel or one of the two main breakers in the trailer panel.

If your power post has a 30A outlet, try using this through an adapter to your 50A cord to see if this has any affect on the problem.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob, I just phoned the dealer and their Service Manager is thinking the same thing you are. I'll give that a try tonight.

Comment

In regards to the battery disconnect you say " when I put it back in the converter runs for a few seconds". The disconnect needs to be pushed in and turned to complete the circuit. If you just push the key in and let go it will complete the circuit for a few seconds until you let the key go and then it will disengage.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Brian. I think I did do it the correct way, but I will try that again tonight or tomorrow with your advice in mind. I appreciate the guidance.

Comment

Working...
                  X