OTA antenna no signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTA antenna no signal

I am now traveling and not using my cable hook up on my winter lot. My over the air antenna has worked before but not on this trip. I can’t get a signal on any of the television sets. So I did what has been posted before went to all the areas that I could get to and tightened up everything checked for damaged cable, etc. I also borrowed neighbors window antenna and checked to make sure it was not the TV and got about 40 channels.

Removed the rotating knob to access OTA antenna wire and hooked up my extra coax cable to antenna TV directly and I get several stations to come in. Took cable from TV and bypassed the white cable from antenna to switch outlet. Now I get all channels and in beautiful HD! So it is the cable going from antenna to switch box. So, my plan is to buy new cable and just pull it out with the old one.

My question, is there a splitter up in the ceiling that will foil my plan?? BTW got that nifty cable plan from GD Facebook group. It is accurate for the 303 2018.

Vivian

Last edited by Beachcamper; 05-30-2020, 03:39 PM.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Beachcamper
    Hi Vivian,
    If you pull the white cable going to the antenna (gently) down out of the ceiling hole, you may find a loop of extra cable and a connector. Make sure this connector (if it is there) is properly connected.
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
      I am now traveling and not using my cable hook up on my winter lot. My over the air antenna has worked before but not on this trip. I can’t get a signal on any of the television sets. So I did what has been posted before went to all the areas that I could get to and tightened up everything checked for damaged cable, etc. I also borrowed neighbors window antenna and checked to make sure it was not the TV and got about 40 channels.

Removed the rotating knob to access OTA antenna wire and hooked up my extra coax cable to antenna TV directly and I get several stations to come in. Took cable from TV and bypassed the white cable from antenna to switch outlet. Now I get all channels and in beautiful HD! So it is the cable going from antenna to switch box. So, my plan is to buy new cable and just pull it out with the old one.

My question, is there a splitter up in the ceiling that will foil my plan?? BTW got that nifty cable plan from GD Facebook group. It is accurate for the 303 2018.

Vivian

Vivian,
      Can you get the name of the individual that created the drawing for the cable system? If (when) one of us posts it (to help someone here) I'd like to make sure that individual is credited for their work. (I'll add it to the drawing.) If they'd prefer not be mentioned that's fine, but I'd still like to use the drawing.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Vivian, Silly question but did you turn on your signal amplifier after you went from cable to OTA? Been there, didn't do that.
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Oh yes, did that and many more diagnostics to isolate the problem. I posted pictures of bypassing the connection to the switch box with cable directly from antenna to TV. Also from antenna to switch box. BTW I had read that a lot of people had to go on the roof to access antenna connector. But I was able to get to one end of the antenna cable to see if it was the antenna or not from the control knob at ceiling. I hope that saves some folks from having to climb on roof.

Today I will solve the mystery of cable to switch box problem and post.

Vivian
          Vivian
          2018 Reflection 303rls
          Demco Recon

Comment

Well it was an epic fail. No way to pull cable out to check at either end. For now have a 25’ cable going direct from antenna to switch box and enjoying 60 OTA channels. Will see if GD has a solution.
            Last edited by Beachcamper; 05-31-2020, 07:56 PM.
            Vivian
            2018 Reflection 303rls
            Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
            X