Cargo carrier lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo carrier lights

I installed a cargo carrier on my 2018 Reflection 303. I put trailer lights on the back of the cargo carrier for extra safety. Crawled under the trailer to run wiring for my lights. Good grief. All the wires are either white, white with red tracers. Is there a simple way to determine which wires would be the typical brown, green, yellow wires found on a trailer?

Thanks,
    TG

On mine, you can see the wires running up the the lights from the front on one side, and then across the trailer to the other light. I believe they came back the road side. It was pretty easy to figure out by where they were going.

ETA: Did the 2018s not have a trailer plug with the receiver? I just assumed they’d have one.
    Last edited by Jkwilson; 07-02-2020, 12:11 PM.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

It did not. The 2018 receiver is not set up for towing. Only bike racks and such under 300 pounds. I’m having a two inch piece of tubing welded on mine to reinforce the factory one.

Comment

I'd just unscrew one of the existing lights on the back and pull it out. You should be able to determine the wiring from that. Remember to recaulk the existing light if you do this.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by tgordon View Post
          It did not. The 2018 receiver is not set up for towing. Only bike racks and such under 300 pounds. I’m having a two inch piece of tubing welded on mine to reinforce the factory one.
          Didn’t know that. I’m in the middle of adding extra lights to my bike rack, but it’s just too hot out to do too much.

John & Kathy
          2014 Reflection 303RLS
          2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Working...
          X