No announcement yet.

GFCI and no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I pulled the GFCI out of the wall there are two large cables a blue and a white each has a black and white wire, one has the ground, checking each cable, there is no voltage coming through the blue or white cable. Now using the same settings on the multimeter, I check a working outlet and get about 110 volts.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

OK--then please do not pull the cover on the Power Distribution Panel. Call your dealer and schedule an appointment. As an alternative, call Grand Design Customer Service on Tuesday (they are closed tomorrow I believe) and request authorization for a mobile mechanic. You'll pay for the service fee (not labor) if GD approves.
      Well bummer, ok I will give them a call Tuesday. Hope I can get through, I tried to call last week on Wednesday and had issues getting through.

Comment

Originally posted by Sazabi101 View Post
        So I pulled the GFCI out of the wall there are two large cables a blue and a white each has a black and white wire, one has the ground, checking each cable, there is no voltage coming through the blue or white cable. Now using the same settings on the multimeter, I check a working outlet and get about 110 volts.
        This says power is not getting from the breaker to the GFCI outlet. howson is right, the next step would be to check power out of the breaker, but if you’re not comfortable with that then you’ll need to call someone in. Possibly a bad circuit breaker, or the wire may not be installed into the breaker correctly.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Just to add onto this post, I now no longer have power coming through to the main tv. It’s like I’m loosing outlets one at a time. This is very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Sazabi101 View Post
            Just to add onto this post, I now no longer have power coming through to the main tv. It’s like I’m loosing outlets one at a time. This is very strange.
            Does your trailer have a 50 amp service? Are you plugged into a 50 amp pedestal, or are you running a 30 amp plug? The reason I am asking is if it is possible one leg of the 50 amp service has dropped out?
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I know this was posted a long time ago, long shot... what was the fix? I am have the exact same issue.

Comment

If you in screw your stairs there is a little sun panel with breakers that fixed my issue good luck

Comment

GFCI 15 amp breaker is under the stairs. How hard can you make it for the user?

Comment

Working...
                  X