Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Imagine 2800BH Wiring schematic How does 20amp plug run both legs of 50amp Rig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Imagine 2800BH Wiring schematic How does 20amp plug run both legs of 50amp Rig?

Hello I'm new to the Forum. I just bought my first RV and will be full timing with my family of 5 and a dog . I'm glad to be apart of the GD Family. I just picked up my 2021 Imagine 2800BH on Friday. I'm looking to upgrade to a 3000W Charge inverter and install 660W of Solar with a charge controller here in the next month or so have majority of the parts and components needed, just waiting on 12v 400 amp/hr lithium battery bank and the 2 330W solar panels. I was wondering which number do i use to call and request a wiring schematic for ac and dc? I found this answer

I have one other question. When I plugged my 50 amp unit into a 20amp house plug how am i able to still run everything in my Travel Trailer (one piece at a time so I don't trip the breaker) from everything I've researched you usually can just run whats on Leg 1 not Leg 2. Do you think it could be my smart surge protector SSP-50 Xl that's allowing both legs to run? I looked at the panel its hooked up like a normal 50 amp RV panel i looked at the wiring diagram on the panel and everything looks to be wired correctly. I'm not complaining just curious on how both Legs are powering things in my Rig when tied to 20amp house power.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you
    Marlin

2019 Yukon XL with 4.10 Gears and Air Bags
    2021 GD Imagine 2800BH
    Last edited by MarlinM; 07-06-2020, 02:35 PM. Reason: not sure how to move this post should be in electrical
    MarlinM

2019 GMC Yukon XL with 4.10 gears and air bags
    2021 Imagine 2800BH

Originally posted by MarlinM View Post
    Hello I'm new to the Forum. I just bought my first RV and will be full timing with my family of 5 and a dog . I'm glad to be apart of the GD Family. I just picked up my 2021 Imagine 2800BH on Friday. I'm looking to upgrade to a 3000W Charge inverter and install 660W of Solar with a charge controller here in the next month or so have majority of the parts and components needed, just waiting on 12v 400 amp/hr lithium battery bank and the 2 330W solar panels. I was wondering which number do i use to call and request a wiring schematic for ac and dc?

I have one other question. When I plugged my 50 amp unit into a 20amp house plug how am i able to still run everything in my Travel Trailer (one piece at a time so I don't trip the breaker) from everything I've researched you usually can just run whats on Leg 1 not Leg 2. Do you think it could be my smart surge protector SSP-50 Xl that's allowing both legs to run? I looked at the panel its hooked up like a normal 50 amp RV panel i looked at the wiring diagram on the panel and everything looks to be wired correctly. I'm not complaining just curious on how both Legs are powering things in my Rig when tied to 20amp house power.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you
    Marlin

2021 GD Imagine 2800BH
    Call GD Customer Service (number on "business card" on main menu), provide your VIN, and ask for an Electric Plan. As I just wrote to another new member, it is very basic without a lot of detail. Definitely not a "schematic" as likely you expect. In addition, I'd be very cautious relying on the plan as your trailer could be wired differently.

Below is how I mapped out my unit, at least the 120v outlets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlets.JPG
Views:	2049
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	23621
    I'm not an electrician--there's way more qualified individuals on this forum than me on this topic--but what I think happens is the one hot line from the 20A outlet is connected to both 50A legs. Kind of like as shown in this 30A diagram I "stole" from the rv.net forum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adapter.JPG
Views:	1050
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	23622

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinM View Post
      Hello I'm new to the Forum. I just bought my first RV and will be full timing with my family of 5 and a dog . I'm glad to be apart of the GD Family. I just picked up my 2021 Imagine 2800BH on Friday. I'm looking to upgrade to a 3000W Charge inverter and install 660W of Solar with a charge controller here in the next month or so have majority of the parts and components needed, just waiting on 12v 400 amp/hr lithium battery bank and the 2 330W solar panels. I was wondering which number do i use to call and request a wiring schematic for ac and dc? I found this answer

I appreciate any help.

Thank you
      Marlin

2021 GD Imagine 2800BH
      The adapter shorts L1&L2. So everything in the rig is live. As it sounds like you know, if you run too much you’ll trip the breaker in the house obviously. Shorting the lines works because there are no 240VAC loads in the rig, everything is 120VAC, so combining them does not cause any issues.

howson beat me to it lol
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Howson, Thanks good to know the adapters make the 2 legs connect. I was going to swap some wires from one leg to the other to make sure the more used circuits have power when on 30amps but looks like i don't have to now. Thanks for the number I'll give them a call when they get back from Holiday.

Marlin
        MarlinM

2019 GMC Yukon XL with 4.10 gears and air bags
        2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Moderator note - moved this thread to the "Electrical" channel.
          Andi
          Brookings SD
          2018 Reflection 337RLS
          2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Working...
          X