Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m93117@hotmail.com View Post
    Yes I may have over purchased.
    Please update us in the future after you've used this in the "real world". I'm guessing you'll be happy with the "over purchase".

Also--using an email address is not recommended for the forum due to the many "spiders" that crawl our content. If you'd like to change your forum name, send me a PM and I can do it for you. (You can't now that the account is established.)

For more forum tips, see the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post I spoke to someone at PD about changing my WFCO9855 to the PD9160alv and one thing he said to make sure have an 80 amp short stop resettable circuit breaker. He mentioned the Bussman CB185. Reason was because of the higher 14.4 charging rate. Has anyone had to do this with any of our GD trailers?

Yes I also use one. My Bussman re-settable breaker is velcro'd right on top of my battery. The breaker was also suggested by Progressive Dynamics for use with their 60amp Lithium converter charger.
      I am getting ready to replace my WFCO9855 with a PD9160ALV in my 2020 Reflection 303RLS. If I simply replace the WFCO, the wires would still go from the charger go to the panel and then the panel sends the charge out to the batteries. Where does this CB185 circuit-breaker go?

Originally posted by pengle View Post
      I can't believe how timely this comment is. I was depleting my 2 Battle Born batteries yesterday while testing how long they would last in a boondocking trip. After the test I plugged back into 50amp shore power and the batteries started to be charged by my PD9160ALV Converter at about 55 amps. I was watching my Victron BVM-712 battery monitor on my phone and heard a "snap" in the front storage area, where the batteries, inverter, etc. are, and the charging amps went to zero. 15 seconds later another snap and it's back to 55 amp charging.

I tracked this down to a 30 amp resettable fuse that the converter red wire was going through before going to the batteries. Evidently this was good enough for the WFCO9855 and a couple of regular car batteries but not for the power grabbin' Lithiums! DOH! So I need one of these 80 amp circuit breakers for the charging circuit to go through.
      Where is this 30amp resettable fuse?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
      2020 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

herman If it's like my 303, the resettable breakers are in the front compartment on the basement wall street side under a black plastic cover. There are 7-10 of them in a row at various amperages. Follow the red wire from the battery up to them.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Ah yes, OK I know where that is. Thanks! So I guess I'm not sure why I need to install the 80-amp CB 185 circuit-breaker and where.
          2020 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Working...
          X