Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cannot plug in without tripping my circuit breaker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    I was all set to make a permanent spot on the outside wall between the utility compartment and the water heater. I started drilling out the hole and hit a panel of sheet metal. Ah, sheet I think to myself. Now what? Not having a blade or time to cut through that I installed the receptacle as pictured. The 1st hole is covered with flex tape for the time being.
    Anyone know why there's sheet metal inside the wall?
    I thought I had a set of all GDRV drawings, but the 369RL is missing from my data package. That's probably because it's no longer in production. Looking at other drawings, there are EGS (Electro Galvanized Sheet Metal) inserts at many locations in the wall. Typically, they are installed for securing items to a wall like an awning. But there are also places where I never see additional items attached.

In addition to the EGS backing plates, You may be seeing one of the metal studs. Drilling though that may create additional problems.

My suggestion. Contact GDRV customer service and see if they'll send you a print of the street side wall drawing. In fact, see if they'll give you copies of all the wall drawings. Let them know you're going to be drilling some holes in your coach and need them for reference. From there, you should be able to make precise measurements to see what kind of backers and studs are located in each area. If they won't provide the print, let me know and we'll pull some strings.

GDRV Customer service; 574-825-9679 (Have your VIN number available).

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200731_132207.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	25931Click image for larger version

Name:	20200731_132236.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	25932 Job done, the power receptacle is moved to the side wall.

Comment

Originally posted by TNFSolitude View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20200731_132207.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	25931Click image for larger version

Name:	20200731_132236.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	25932 Job done, the power receptacle is moved to the side wall.
        Nice well done!
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
        X