110V electrical connectors (Molex connectors); NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-362

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 110V electrical connectors (Molex connectors); NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-362

Has anyone else received this recall letter? I posted this on the other forum as well. In the letter it says it should take the dealer about an hour to fix. I'm hoping to find out what exactly needs to be properly secured so that I can fix it myself rather than go to the dealer. Similar to the heat shield for our convection microwave.

Recalls
    NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-362

TC Recall Number: 2020-280

Date Released: 7/20/20

Units Affected: 2016-2019 Reflection Fifth-Wheel & Travel Trailer Vehicles

Build Dates: April 2, 2015 through October 31, 2018

VIN Range:
    573FR3320G3303151 through 573FR3729K3322591 (non-sequential)
    573TR3728G3303251 through 573TR382XK3322617 (non-sequential)
    573FR3522H3404559 through 573FR3526K3410940 (non-sequential)
    573TR3428K3410149 through 573TR3621K3410927 (non-sequential)

Summary: On affected vehicles, the 110V electrical connectors (Molex connectors) below the floor may not be properly secured and could potentially make their way to the bottom of the underbelly. In the event of water intrusion into the underbelly area, the potential exists for the Molex connector(s) to come in contact with water, creating the possibility of a short circuit and possible fire.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...l%20Letter.pdf

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...l%20Letter.pdf
    Steve & Martha
    2018 Reflection 337RLS

Please hang tight. I'm working with GDRV management to get an answer to your question.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

I have a letter for my 2018 303. I do not want them to cut a hole in my underbelly. Please find out what the procedure is.

Regards,
      TG

Comment

No cutting will be required.
        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Got my letter today. I to, will do the repair myself or when I take back to the factory for a repair.

Anyone know why they reference the “Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act”?
            Steve
            2018 Reflection 303
            2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
            Diesel, Star White.

Comment

I received word from GDRV management. This is classified as a "safety" recall. Safety recalls can only be performed by a GDRV dealer or authorized repair service.

If you can't get yours to a dealer, I'd suggest you contact GDRV customer service for advice.

Jim
              Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
                Got my letter today. I to, will do the repair myself or when I take back to the factory for a repair.

Anyone know why they reference the “Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act”?
                My letter came from the Canada agency too - no mention of NHTSA Also my 2018 Reflection 150 series 220RK has a vin number outside the NHTSA list in the first post. Could it be that Canada is requiring more of a recall than NHTSA?

TucsonJim Thanks for checking on the no cutting, but could you check why my letter cam from Canada safety and not NHTSA?

On edit - I think I found the answer to my question. There are actually 2 separate recalls. Information is from the GD web site.

NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-362

TC Recall Number: 2020-280
                Last edited by Yoda; 07-27-2020, 09:33 PM.
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                  I received word from GDRV management. This is classified as a "safety" recall. Safety recalls can only be performed by a GDRV dealer or authorized repair service.

If you can't get yours to a dealer, I'd suggest you contact GDRV customer service for advice.

Jim
                  Thank you Jim for looking into this. I will contact my dealer about the repair or maybe Grand Design will authorize a mobile tech. The cost in fuel and time could cover some of the fee of the mobile tech.

Steve
                  Steve & Martha
                  2018 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

What does Grand Design mean by (non-sequential) on the VIN? (I'm looking at recalls that apply to my Rig, and I see that on many of them).

My model / year shows up in a bunch of recalls, but the VIN doesn't...
                    Mike
                    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
                      What does Grand Design mean by (non-sequential) on the VIN? (I'm looking at recalls that apply to my Rig, and I see that on many of them).

My model / year shows up in a bunch of recalls, but the VIN doesn't...
                      This is a guess but GD probably assigns Vin number as units are produces, so the are spread over all of the lines. In other words they don't have separate vin numbers for each specific model line - all mixed together. My vin is totally outside the list, but as my letter was issued under the Canada recall (no vin list in theirs), I guess they wanted more looked at. If you did not get a letter call your dealer as they can look it up.

Hope this helps
                      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Fellow owners. I just want to reiterate that even though this forum is owned by GDRV, the moderators are fellow owners like you are. We do not work for Grand Design and any advice provided is that of a fellow owner, and not a Grand Design employee.

Do to the nature of this safety related recall, please address all recall related questions or concerns to your dealership's service department, or Grand Design Customer Service at 574-825-9679 or email:
                        customerservice@granddesignrv.com

Jim
                        Jim and Ginnie

Comment

My serial number precedes the ones assigned after Winnebago took over (only seven numbers, no letters to indicate mfg date). I've checked the recalls and the serial numbers are all 2018 and later. How DO I find my mfg date?

Comment

Originally posted by TxDave View Post
                            My serial number precedes the ones assigned after Winnebago took over (only seven numbers, no letters to indicate mfg date). I've checked the recalls and the serial numbers are all 2018 and later. How DO I find my mfg date?
                            Good morning TxDave and welcome to the forum. On the driver's side of your RV, there will be a white sticker that starts with "Manufactured by". On the upper right corner of the sticker, it will provide the month and year of manufacture.

In addition, the tenth digit in the vehicle identification number will be a letter which indicates the model year: Here's the break down:

E - 2014
                            F - 2015
                            G - 2016
                            H - 2017
                            J - 2018
                            K - 2019
                            L - 2020
                            M - 2021
                            N - 2022
                            P - 2023
                            R - 2024

If you believe your RV might be subject to the recall, and you haven't received a letter, please contact GDRV customer service at 574-825-9679, or email them at customerservice@granddesignrv.com

Jim

P.S. - Here's a welcome letter we put together to help you navigate the forum a little easier.
                            https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
                            Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X