Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awning light switch broke while looking at pump switch wiring !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning light switch broke while looking at pump switch wiring !!!!

Not a happy camper right now.

As part of my third water pump switch work I needed to check the wiring color codes to the water pump switch by the door. So I pulled the panel out and had it supported to verify. I was looking for white with orange stripe and white with purple stripe (found them) So all is good with that as it matches wiring behind the nautilus panel at that switch. However while the panel was out the 25amp fuse holder wire became disconnected. Only open spade was on the awning light switch. While connecting the other spade broke off from the back of the switch(not repairable). I can get a picture tomorrow. I need to know the manufacturer and part number for that switch. I could not find it in the parts look up. I also contacted GD (sent email). I hope the 25 amp fuse does go to that switch as I did not see anything else open. I need to find the wiring diagram I think I have for that panel. Seems like a big fuse for the awning LED strip light.

Anyway I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
    Keith

PS - I did find an easy fix for the saddle box repair while this was going on - just need to find some 3x3 aluminum angle locally tomorrow. Write up to follow.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Yoda
    Hi Keith,

25A is way too large for the awning LEDs. 3A would be more than enough. I wonder if 25A was the only fuse that someone had on hand at the time? Does pulling that fuse turn off the awning lights?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Most of the non illuminated on the switch panel are Miniature Rockers.

JR Products 12785 Black/Black SPST Mini On/Off Switch
      Cutout: 0.756” x 0.508”
      https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-1.../dp/B002UC14YM

Gene and Kim
      2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
      2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        Yoda
        Hi Keith,

25A is way too large for the awning LEDs. 3A would be more than enough. I wonder if 25A was the only fuse that someone had on hand at the time? Does pulling that fuse turn off the awning lights?

Rob
        I cant tell yet - with the tab broken the switch no-woorkie. Maybe tomorrow when I get some pictures.

You also got me thinking - could it be a 2.5 amp that I read wrong?? I have been wrong before Duh!!!
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by gbkims View Post
          Most of the non illuminated on the switch panel are Miniature Rockers.

JR Products 12785 Black/Black SPST Mini On/Off Switch
          Cutout: 0.756” x 0.508”
          https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-1.../dp/B002UC14YM
          Gene - you are a lifesaver - maybe I can get some sleep tonight now.

I am assuming there are two compression clips that hold it to the panel on each end?

Thanks Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
            I am assuming there are two compression clips that hold it to the panel on each end?

Thanks Keith
            Yes there's clips at each end of the switch.
            I noticed on mine, they added some hot melt glue on the awning switch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Switch - Rear of Panel.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	26143
            Attached Files
            Gene and Kim
            2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
            2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Got the switch out Its a CW GRS-4011. Fuse is a 7.5 amp. Guess I need to have my eyes rotated. The switch is less than 1$ shipping 8$...go figure. Wish Radio Shack still existed. I am going to call around. Maybe Napa will have one.

Gene - Thanks for the picture

BTW anyone know how to get behind and under the couch - I dropped a screw

On edit I found the switch online
              https://switches-connectors-custom.c.../grs-4011-0000
              And ordered from theses folks as that have USPS shipping for about $5. I ordered 3 so I can break one and still have a spare.
              https://www.digikey.com/products/en?...S-4011-0000%20
              Last edited by Yoda; 08-04-2020, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

BTW anyone know how to get behind and under the couch - I dropped a screw
                One of my favorite tools:

https://smile.amazon.com/SE-8036TM-N...6491876&sr=8-4

Just helping you spend your money.....

Jim

Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

One of my favorite tools:

https://smile.amazon.com/SE-8036TM-N...6491876&sr=8-4

Just helping you spend your money.....

Jim
                  I have a cheep one of those somewhere. Thanks for making me laugh my friend - I needed it this afternoon

Comment

Working...
                  X