Monitor Panel Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Panel Fuse

About once a month the monitor fuse blows (15amp).
    Many of the functions, water heater, awnings, etc. will not work. Replacing the fuse solves the problem for another month.
    I haven’t been able to find a diagram of the panel.
    2019 385gk.

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
    Many of the functions, water heater, awnings, etc. will not work. Replacing the fuse solves the problem for another month.
    2019 385gk.
    Not quite sure what a "monitor fuse" is or where it is located. Can you post a picture? Below is what is in my 315RLTS' Power Distribution Center panel (but there are lots of "hidden" fuses throughout the trailer).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel Fuses.JPG
Views:	4679
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	26190
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I've seen a couple of Solitude owners mention the Monitor Panel 15A fuse.
      I think that's the Convenience Center panel with the Tank & Battery levels. It has a Red wire that powers it up.
      Another owners circuit trace:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	DC Fuse - Monitor Panel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	26197
      C.Ctr - Monitor Panel.pdf
      Last edited by gbkims; 08-03-2020, 06:27 PM.
      Gene and Kim
      2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
      2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by gbkims View Post
        Another owners circuit trace
        ??? The PDF shows the wiring for the Convenience Center lights--is that what you meant to post, Gene? My brain may be foggy...not connecting the dots on how the diagram applies to the 15A fuse.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

??? The PDF shows the wiring for the Convenience Center lights--is that what you meant to post, Gene? My brain may be foggy...not connecting the dots on how the diagram applies to the 15A fuse.
          I don't have a Monitor Panel fuse label. I think some do, like Steve&Renee.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DC Panel - Steve 310GK.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	26218

The Convenience Center is the Switches & Monitor Panel. The Monitor Panel is the Tank Levels, Battery and lights for Water Pump & DSI.
          I'm a bit fuzzy on mine b/c of the tangle of wires. I think the Panel is fed from my Fuse 7 labeled Awning which feeds half a dozen different things.

Here's the full drawing. I'm sure it'll be different from any other rig.
          317RST C CTR.pdf
          Last edited by gbkims; 08-04-2020, 11:26 AM.
          Gene and Kim

Comment

2019 385gk.
            OK--I see you checked in yesterday around 4pm. How far into troubleshooting the electrical system are you capable (or willing) to tackle?

From gbkims description and what I can see from GD's very general diagram of your trailer, the "Monitor Panel/Water Pump" fuse is circuit #9. The items labeled on that circuit are (wait for it) the water pump and Convenience Center Panel. (So far not very helpful, eh?)

What I suspect is that a wire is chaffing in circuit #9 and that wire is intermittently "finding" a ground which shorts out the circuit, blowing the fuse. The other possibility is a failing water pump, but I'd think there'd be some connection between using the pump and the fuse blowing. Finding the chaffing wire will require careful examination of the the wiring (with all power off!) to find the culprit.

Comment

Comment

Monitor panel & fuse panel. Don’t want to dig into the monitor panel blind with out a diagram

Comment

Monitor panel & fuse panel. Don’t want to dig into the monitor panel blind with out a diagram
                  I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but unfortunately there's no such thing as a diagram or a schematic. Even if an owner has made one, your trailer's wires may not match.

If you're not willing to dig in and figure it out (labeling the wires as you go) then hiring an RV technician or taking the trailer to your dealer are the only options I can think of.

Comment

think some do, like Steve&Renee.
                    {"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDC Panel - Steve 310GK.jpg Views:\t0 Size:\t109.4 KB Panel - Steve 310GK.jpg"}

My recollection from 3+ years ago was that the monitor panel fuse would blow when we retracted/extended both the bedroom and living room slides at the same time. Try minimizing the current draw when you're retracting/extending slides.

-Steve
                    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                    Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                    Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

My recollection from 3+ years ago was that the monitor panel fuse would blow when we retracted/extended both the bedroom and living room slides at the same time. Try minimizing the current draw when you're retracting/extending slides.

-Steve
                      That is really odd...there shouldn't be any current going through that fuse related to the slide movement. Something was wired screwy or my brain is toast after this long day...

Comment

My "Awing" fuse has several possible loads.

Name:	Awning 15A Fuse Loads.png
Views:	1887
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	26299
                        Gene and Kim

Comment

That is really odd...there shouldn't be any current going through that fuse related to the slide movement. Something was wired screwy or my brain is toast after this long day...
                          I cannot tell a lie.
                          2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                          Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                          2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                          18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                          640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                          Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                          Somerset, WI

Comment

My "Awing" fuse has several possible loads.

Name:	Awning 15A Fuse Loads.png
Views:	1887
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	26299
                            That schematic makes sense to me, Gene. Unlikely a user will overwhelm the 15A fuse in regular use. It's similar to multiple 120vAC outlets protected by a single 15A circuit breaker--the assumption is the user will not run multiple heavy loads simultaneously.

What I can't wrap my head around it that steve&renee is stating his 15A monitor panel fuse blew when he was running the slides in. (I believe he stated multiple slides at the same time...not a good practice IMHO.) The point being that electric slide motor circuits are completely independent and separate from the monitor panel (and even has their own 30A fuses). I don't doubt what he's stating, just that something is (or was?) wonky in that trailer's wiring.

Comment

What I can't wrap my head around it that steve&renee is stating his 15A monitor panel fuse blew when he was running the slides in. (I believe he stated multiple slides at the same time...not a good practice IMHO.) The point being that electric slide motor circuits are completely independent and separate from the monitor panel (and even has their own 30A fuses). I don't doubt what he's stating, just that something is (or was?) wonky in that trailer's wiring.
                              Hydraulic slides & leveling system.
                              With the Hydraulic slides & leveling a Solitude have, a Reversing Solenoid's coil would be energized by switches on the Convenience Center.
                              The solenoid's output contacts would have the 80A CB for the hydraulic pump motor amps.
                              I don't know what else has to energize to pick slides versus leveling and direct the pump's fluid to the slide for In/Our or leveling.

Trombetta RPs look similar to the LCI branded ones.
                              A Trombetta Reversing Polarity DC Contactor Specs: 12V Coil of 5.6 ohm reistance. So it should pull ~2 Amps when energized.

Name:	Reversing Polarity Solenoid.jpg
Views:	1943
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	26320
                              Gene and Kim

Comment

Working...
                              X