Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best (good) wire crimper and crimp terminal selection to have in trailer tool box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Yoda
    How do you like the removable jaws feature now that you have used them for a bit? I usually shy away from such tools preferring to buy permanent jaw type in general. Especially in snap ring pliers...
    Scott
    They work well. You just need to be sure they are fully seated. It only takes a few seconds to change them out for whatever your doing, and the case keeps them organized.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Back when I was doing a lot of automotive work, I wanted a set of the iWise type as they do the Metra and Deutch connectors. with the insulating rubber vs having to do the crimps separate. I may still pick up a set along the way for some other things I do, but for the majority of what I do now, the Klein work well.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        Back when I was doing a lot of automotive work, I wanted a set of the iWise type as they do the Metra and Deutch connectors.
        I have a couple iwiss (I think that's what you typed before spellcheck, checked you?). One for ferrules and one for Deutch connectors. Work very well. Ratcheting action as Keith describes on his multi crimper. I really like the Deutch connectors for automotive work.

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Working...
        X