Announcement

Collapse

Need help?

Please include the year, make and model of your GDRV ("2019 Reflection 315RLTS") along with the make and model of the component with the issue ("Dometic RM1350 refrigerator", "Furrion FMCM15-BL microwave", etc) in your question.
See more
See less

Camco vs. Progressive EMS Surge Protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camco vs. Progressive EMS Surge Protectors

Looking for suggestions, the Progressive is almost $600 versus the Camco which is $400....is the extra $200 really worth it for our 310GK? They both appear to have the same coverage. Thx/Brian

We had 30amp hard wired Progressive installed in our 2015 Keystone Premier, transferred it 2yrs later to a larger Keystone Premier bunkhouse. Saved us several times when campground voltage dropped, and endured several electrical storms. So when we moved up to our new Solitude in March, a 50 amp Progressive installed was part of the trade. In both cases we had a remote readout installed in an easily visible place so we could monitor volts and amp draw to avoid overloading a circuit when starting coffee, elec skillet or other electric items. I can’t say it’s better than Camco-brand, but can say it’s a good investment.

Happy camping!
    Doug & Barb
    2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
    2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
    No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
    Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by brian-nicola View Post
      Looking for suggestions, the Progressive is almost $600 versus the Camco which is $400....is the extra $200 really worth it for our 310GK? They both appear to have the same coverage. Thx/Brian
      Here is the one I installed in our Reflection https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-I.../dp/B003AN1UA8

If you wish to have a portable one they are good as well. I do not see the $600 price , if you are in Canada I think items are a little higher priced there.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS Oct.17 build date, EMS-HW50C , Lippert Remote
      2015 Chevy 3500HD CC LB Duramax , Reese Elite 18K

Comment

It is neither of your options but I use a Southwire EMS,https://www.campingworld.com/southwi...html?rrec=true and have been very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by brian-nicola View Post
          Looking for suggestions, the Progressive is almost $600
          I've purchased three Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C models in the last four years and they were $275-$325, not $600. I'm not familiar with Camco EMS's so I'm no help there.
          Brian & Kellie
          2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS w/ disc brakes, Factory 300w solar
          2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor
          Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
          2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
          2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Working...
          X