Camco vs. Progressive EMS Surge Protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camco vs. Progressive EMS Surge Protectors

Looking for suggestions, the Progressive is almost $600 versus the Camco which is $400....is the extra $200 really worth it for our 310GK? They both appear to have the same coverage. Thx/Brian

We had 30amp hard wired Progressive installed in our 2015 Keystone Premier, transferred it 2yrs later to a larger Keystone Premier bunkhouse. Saved us several times when campground voltage dropped, and endured several electrical storms. So when we moved up to our new Solitude in March, a 50 amp Progressive installed was part of the trade. In both cases we had a remote readout installed in an easily visible place so we could monitor volts and amp draw to avoid overloading a circuit when starting coffee, elec skillet or other electric items. I can’t say it’s better than Camco-brand, but can say it’s a good investment.

Happy camping!
    Doug & Barb
    2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
    2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
    No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
    Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by brian-nicola View Post
      Looking for suggestions, the Progressive is almost $600 versus the Camco which is $400....is the extra $200 really worth it for our 310GK? They both appear to have the same coverage. Thx/Brian
      Here is the one I installed in our Reflection https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-I.../dp/B003AN1UA8

If you wish to have a portable one they are good as well. I do not see the $600 price , if you are in Canada I think items are a little higher priced there.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It is neither of your options but I use a Southwire EMS,https://www.campingworld.com/southwi...html?rrec=true and have been very happy.
        Dennis and Pat w/Lady & the Prince - Western New York
        2018 Solitude 310gk - 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Comment

Originally posted by brian-nicola View Post
          Looking for suggestions, the Progressive is almost $600
          I've purchased three Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C models in the last four years and they were $275-$325, not $600. I'm not familiar with Camco EMS's so I'm no help there.
          Brian & Kellie
          2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
          2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
          2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
          2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Working...
          X