Help with 2450 RL Control panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 2450 RL Control panel

Hello there, I was looking for help on installing a dimmer switch for the control panel. I would like to know what wires run were on the switch for the Awning and ceilinglights (lights powered by blue switch)

I have a good idea, but before messing with it would like to be sure. Would anyone be able to tell me what he wire configuration are for the:

red, white, and brown lights going to the ceiling lights

and then what the wires are for the awning switch they are red and blue. That has 2 red and 2 blue running to the awning switch

I'm still learning where the best source of information are, so if you could also kindly point me in that direction I would be glad to look it up.

Thank you for any help, and have a good weekend

I just added a dimmer for the ceiling lights - Red is power to the switch and white power for the led light in the switch and brown goes to the ceiling lights. Not sure about the awning, are you looking at awning or exterior lights. Mine is labeled exterior lights but I am not sure on the wire colors. It would seem there would only be one wire in and out for the led lights unless you have multiple awnings.
    Last edited by S&D's Immy; 08-07-2020, 06:19 PM.
    Dave and Susan
    Imagine 2250RK
    2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by microm3gas View Post
      Hello there, I was looking for help on installing a dimmer switch for the control panel. I would like to know what wires run were on the switch for the Awning and ceilinglights (lights powered by blue switch)

I have a good idea, but before messing with it would like to be sure. Would anyone be able to tell me what he wire configuration are for the:

red, white, and brown lights going to the ceiling lights

and then what the wires are for the awning switch they are red and blue. That has 2 red and 2 blue running to the awning switch

I'm still learning where the best source of information are, so if you could also kindly point me in that direction I would be glad to look it up.

Thank you for any help, and have a good weekend
      Can't help with the specific question, but can provide general information (that I hope is useful).

First is the instruction sheet that came with the dimmers I bought for the main living room light area (and awning lights)--see attached PDF.

This thread may help, too: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-awning-lights

Howard
      Attached Files
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks Guys, I was able to find the answer to this question in the Grand Design Owners Modifications and Improvements group. I intend on giving it a shot after work this evening.

Comment

Working...
        X