No 110v power in Bedroom Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 110v power in Bedroom Plugs

We have a 2020 29RS and when I installed a TV in the bedroom I discovered there wasn’t any 110 volt power in the ceiling plug. Found that the other 3 plugs in the bedroom were also without power. Checked the breaker and the GFIC and everything was good. Have power in all other plugs. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by ColoradoRVers View Post
    We have a 2020 29RS and when I installed a TV in the bedroom I discovered there wasn’t any 110 volt power in the ceiling plug. Found that the other 3 plugs in the bedroom were also without power. Checked the breaker and the GFIC and everything was good. Have power in all other plugs. Any suggestions?
    At the end of this post is a picture showing how I mapped out my 315RLTS. For starters, I suggest doing something similar.

What I suspect is an outlet's wiring is faulty. All of the outlets further "downstream" also don't work for the same reason. Normally this would be easy to remedy, but the outlets in your RV are not standard household outlets. This Youtube video will show you what I'm referencing:

Note that to replace (or fix?) an outlet, according to the rvupgrades.com website An SCD tool (not included) is required to slit and form flat non-metallic sheathed cable (NMB, NMC, NMD and NMD90* copper cable #12-2 and #14-2 with ground) and to install the cable into the self-contained device body assembly.

Finally, your trailer is likely still under the manufacturer's warranty, right? Consider having the dealer fix it. If you are not near your dealer contact GD customer support and ask about having an independent shop fix it. (I'm not 100% sure if GD pays the entire bill for an independent--please ask before using this option!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlet to CB Drawing.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	180.0 KB
ID:	2714
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X