No announcement yet.

LED backup and side lights install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear lights are now operational. I panicked the first time I tried to fire them up and they did not work. Then I remembered I left the primary power unhooked for safety. Once I put that back together everything was good. Pictures later tonight
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0416s.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	28927 Right side adjusted

Name:	IMG_0418s.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	28928 With rear lights on. Notice color difference. Rear lights are more daylight

Name:	IMG_0419s.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	28929 Behind the trailer. I do have some minor adjusting to do, but I need to be away from the garage. On big thing is where they are placed there is ZERO upward glare walking around the trailer. So when I go to hook up things I wont be fighting it.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Yoda Keith,

Excellent job! Adding lights to my Imagine is definitely in my future.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
          Yoda Keith,

Excellent job! Adding lights to my Imagine is definitely in my future.

Jim
          Thanks - I learned a lot. Some things I might do different is run the loom exterior along the frame. Run a smaller wire gauge. (whatever the light need) In other words pick your lights and based on power needed and distance of run choose the wire gauge. Mine was overkill and made some of the connections difficult. And for the wiring up front, run the wires and then add the loom once you know where your going. This is going to help me stay out of hurting myself at night. I think the light output is about right - not blinding or lightning up a runway for miles.

Side note on one of the 4x4 forms I visit once in a while, a guy was building the ultimate LED off road light system. It had multiple (dozens) of the brightest light bars and other lights you could imagine. If I remember correctly he had several thousand WATTS of LED power. I have no idea why he was doing it, but I guess he could.

Now I did have an idea, but it is probably nuts to do. I wonder if there is a simple way to put a remote in the trailer and be able to turn the light on in case we hear something bad. Probably take another relay and a remote doohickey thing. Hit the button and the world lights up. Hmmmm need to do more research.

Comment

I didn't realize that this thread was so old, In our patrol cars we have a 7 second delay relay for weapons locks. My plan is to add one of the 7 second delays to each side so that the lights have constant illumination of 7 seconds after the last signal pulse. It should work left, right, or hazard lights and keep the lights constant on both sides during backing.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
            X