Winegard on GD Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winegard on GD Solitude

I want to install a Winegard Wf2-435 Connect 2.0 antenna for access to satellite internet on a 2018 (ST375RES) Solitude. Can someone tell me where to find a 12 volt line I may tap into or how I may add one to a location on the roof?
    Last edited by Wilesste; 08-31-2020, 03:42 PM. Reason: Add model #’s

Originally posted by Wilesste View Post
    I want to install a Winegard antenna for access to satellite internet on a 2018 Solitude. Can someone tell me where to find a 12 volt line I may tap into or how I may add one to a location on the roof?
    Welcome to the forum, Wilesste. I can't answer your specific question regarding the 12v line, but perhaps reading through how I got the Winegard installed in my 315RLTS will give you a few ideas.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-in-315rlts

Don't miss the update in post 19.

Again, welcome.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Howard. I read your post but still have a problem finding 12 volt power for the winegard.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilesste View Post
        Thank you Howard. I read your post but still have a problem finding 12 volt power for the winegard.
        Yep--I had the same problem thus why I went with the 120vAC > 12v converter connected to a UPS. Not ideal.

I bet Don Clark (GD CEO) would say the solution is a new Solitude. They come from the factory with the Winegard 360+ (but without the router).

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My 2021 Solitude 377 MBS came with 360, NOT 360+. I installed the 360+ and Gateway. I am very pleased with the Cell Data and WiFi.
          Dennis and Pat w/Lady & the Prince - Western New York
          2018 Solitude 310gk - 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Comment

Originally posted by DennisK View Post
            My 2021 Solitude 377 MBS came with 360, NOT 360+. I installed the 360+ and Gateway. I am very pleased with the Cell Data and WiFi.
            Dennis, where did you get your 12-volt power source from?
            Bill & Cindy
            2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post

Dennis, where did you get your 12-volt power source from?
              I had it installed during a service call at the dealers..If it is any help the Gateway is in the hall, just outside of the bathroom and the switch is installed on the wall between the loft and bathroom.
              Dennis and Pat w/Lady & the Prince - Western New York
              2018 Solitude 310gk - 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Comment

Working...
              X