Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TucsonJim

Jim,

I've been looking at these for some time for another project involving a fountain. Does this box include a gland shaped for Romex?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      TucsonJim

Jim,

I've been looking at these for some time for another project involving a fountain. Does this box include a gland shaped for Romex?

Jim
      No it doesn't. Each box has two large and two small glands. The large gland was perfect for the round wire, and the small gland worked pretty well for the Romex. When compressed, it looks like it sealed the wire pretty good., Even so, I'd cover the Romex ends with silicone for added protection.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

No it doesn't. Each box has two large and two small glands. The large gland was perfect for the round wire, and the small gland worked pretty well for the Romex. When compressed, it looks like it sealed the wire pretty good., Even so, I'd cover the Romex ends with silicone for added protection.

Jim
        Thanks so much Jim. I'll order the box's to replace the Molex connectors in my Imagine as well as one for the wife's fountain.

I did run across these glands but they are listed as strain relief and not IP68, so I'm not sure they would be worth purchasing.

Nylon 3/4" NPT Thread, Strain Relief, Cord Grips, Cable Glands, Straight Dome, Sealcon, Hummel (sealconusa.com)

Jim

Comment

Thanks so much Jim. I'll order the box's to replace the Molex connectors in my Imagine as well as one for the wife's fountain.

I did run across these glands but they are listed as strain relief and not IP68, so I'm not sure they would be worth purchasing.

Nylon 3/4" NPT Thread, Strain Relief, Cord Grips, Cable Glands, Straight Dome, Sealcon, Hummel (sealconusa.com)

Jim
          Jim - If you haven't ordered the boxes for your Imagine yet, I'd hold off until next week. I sent a picture to Jerry to see if he approves of the application. I'll let you know.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Jim - If you haven't ordered the boxes for your Imagine yet, I'd hold off until next week. I sent a picture to Jerry to see if he approves of the application. I'll let you know.

Jim
            Ok Jim,

I'll wait. I've struggled with this since I need a small box with an IP68 rating to make this type of connection in a very wet environment. The circuit is on a GFCI for the DW project.

Jim

Comment

I wish I hadn't seen this post.

As we're still waiting on our '21 2600RB to come in, I'm already dreading the possibility that the undercarriage will look like the images herein.

Hopefully, Mr. Clark, et al will see the quality of work coming out of the factory and will strive to rectify the "craftsmanship" of his people.
              Rich and Sara

2019 Ford F150 Platinum
              2021 Imagine 2600RB

I plan to live forever. So far so good.

Comment

Hi Guys, my Molex are misbehaving. And when these go into the slide, how does it hook back up with the Romex, Eddie

2015 317RST Reflection, Eddie Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Mudchicken View Post
                  Hi Guys, my Molex are misbehaving. And when these go into the slide, how does it hook back up with the Romex, Eddie

2015 317RST Reflection, Eddie Marshall
                  You will find a second mollex connector inside the unit. They are on either end of the flexible cable.
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Jim
                    TucsonJim Jim,

Did Jerry ever get back on a recommendation/approval? The project for the DW has ended since we moved, but the trailer is still a concern.

Jim

Comment

TucsonJim Jim,

Did Jerry ever get back on a recommendation/approval? The project for the DW has ended since we moved, but the trailer is still a concern.

Jim
                      Actually, when I was at the Southern California rally earlier this year, GDRV inspected, photographed and approved my solution. The tech was quite impressed with the clean up.

Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

Actually, when I was at the Southern California rally earlier this year, GDRV inspected, photographed and approved my solution. The tech was quite impressed with the clean up.

Jim
                        Thank you Jim.

I'll add this to my To Do list.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X