Dimmer switch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimmer switch problem

Good morning. I recently installed a dimmer switch on the living room lights in our 2021 Imagine 2670MK. When the lights are on, and the water pump activates the lights will dim. None of the other lights in the trailer dim when the pump comes on. The dimmer switch I purchased through Amazon is https://www.amazon.com/Volt-Dimmer-L...s%2C205&sr=8-5. I connected the red and white wires to the power source and the black wire to the LED lights per the diagram enclosed with the switch. Is there something I missed when installing? Thanks in advance for the support.
    2120 Imagine 2670MK
    2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Originally posted by scdock View Post
    Good morning. I recently installed a dimmer switch on the living room lights in our 2021 Imagine 2670MK. When the lights are on, and the water pump activates the lights will dim. None of the other lights in the trailer dim when the pump comes on. The dimmer switch I purchased through Amazon is https://www.amazon.com/Volt-Dimmer-L...s%2C205&sr=8-5. I connected the red and white wires to the power source and the black wire to the LED lights per the diagram enclosed with the switch. Is there something I missed when installing? Thanks in advance for the support.
    I am going to take a guess at this based on the wiring in my unit. I am assuming you put the dimmer switch in the convince panel. If you look closely at the switch wiring you will find the power chains across numerous switches. They are all on the same power. The only fix I know is to isolate the water pump power somehow.

Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

@Keith .....Thanks for the response. Yes, the dimmer is on the control panel with the water pump and the chaining may be the problem. I'm not sure how I could isolate the pump, or the dimmer, but will look into that.
      2120 Imagine 2670MK
      2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

Originally posted by scdock View Post
        I read on this forum a solution to my/your problem, not sure who posted it. The power wires that are chaIned together (red) go to the middle lug of the back of the water pump switch. Turn both ac and dc power off. Pull it off the back of the water pump switch and put electrical tape on it. Take the front cover and housing off off the power center where all the fuses are. Feed a single wire from the back center of the water pump switch to a new (empty 12v fuse holder/slot) and screw it down, put a 10 amp blade fuse in that slot and you have a separate 12v feed for the water pump. Worked for me, no more dimming or flickering lights in the rv.
        Joe & Melissa Shantz
        2018 Solitude 310 GK, Sailun S637 Tires 5/14/20, Mor-Ryde IS, pin box and disk brakes 6/16/20
        2021 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

@Joe.....This sounds like a fix I'd like to try. You don't have any pictures available do you?
          2120 Imagine 2670MK
          2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

The fix seems really simple with the exception of getting the wire from the water pump switch to the power center. On my 2670MK the control center is on the wall opposite the entry door, and the power center is in the bedroom.
            2120 Imagine 2670MK
            2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

I wanted to follow up on my solution. The control panel is mounted on the wall that shares with the bathroom. I removed the bathroom light/fan switch and fished about 14 inches of 14 gauge through the wall to the control panel. I tapped into the hot wire on the bathroom switch and used that for the power to my dimmer. Problem solved.
              2120 Imagine 2670MK
              2016 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

Comment

Working...
              X