Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 Volt power point plugs install for CPAP power in bedroom.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    I installed two 12 volt outlets in our 18RBE Imagine last spring for two CPAPs. I got lucky. Either GD went with heavy duty wiring, or the previous owner had upgraded a circuit feeding a serial port for some unknown reason. I was able to run a branch for the 12 volt CPAP plugs off the existing 15 amp 12 volt circuit that fed the ceiling and bed area led light as well as a USB power supply. My jaw dropped open in surprise when I realized how easily this was going to be. The circuit has way more than enough capacity to run the 2 CPAPs and led lights. Maybe the wiring was set up for current hogging incandescents. I don't know. But I made the connection at the USB port on the left side of the bed. The CPAPs run all night and don't drain the battery. We've used it for weeks. As long as I can recharge the house battery the next day by either running the car or generator, it works.
    2 CPAP's can overload a 15 amp circuit. Just be sure you don't use the heaters. I hope it is fuse protected. If I may ask, what size wire did you run to the new 12V outlets"

Stay safe and happy travels
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

2 CPAP's can overload a 15 amp circuit. Just be sure you don't use the heaters. I hope it is fuse protected. If I may ask, what size wire did you run to the new 12V outlets"

Stay safe and happy travels
      I ran heavy duty 12 gauge off an existing 15 amp fuse protected circuit. The two c-paps have been running off the 12 volt system for a year, including boondocking where we ran the generator an hour each morning to recharge the battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Dadeo6472 View Post

I ran heavy duty 12 gauge off an existing 15 amp fuse protected circuit. The two c-paps have been running off the 12 volt system for a year, including boondocking where we ran the generator an hour each morning to recharge the battery.
        Good choice on the 12 gauge. In my case the DW needs to run the heater on 1 or 2 for extra humidity which can really drain the battery. I ran two separate 15 amp circuits - one to each side of the bed. So far our solar keeps up with it.

Safe travels
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X