Dimmer switch 2021 Reflection 315RLTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimmer switch 2021 Reflection 315RLTS

I tried adding a American Technologies AH-SLD-5-HS01 to control the living area lights. The On/Off works, only when the slider is at 100%. As I move the slider down to dim the lights, they stay full bright to about the 90% setting, then turn off. I know the dimmer switch is good, because it worked fine in the bedroom area - that is not on the OneControl unit.
    I understand from another post it may be due to the OneControl unit. I am fine with taking the living area lights off the one control unit, because dimmable lights are more important to me. Can I do this, and if so how?

Originally posted by JSnyder View Post
    I tried adding a American Technologies AH-SLD-5-HS01 to control the living area lights. The On/Off works, only when the slider is at 100%. As I move the slider down to dim the lights, they stay full bright to about the 90% setting, then turn off. I know the dimmer switch is good, because it worked fine in the bedroom area - that is not on the OneControl unit.
    I understand from another post it may be due to the OneControl unit. I am fine with taking the living area lights off the one control unit, because dimmable lights are more important to me. Can I do this, and if so how?
    Welcome to GD's Owners' (Technical) Forum.

There's a long thread here where Bhbery is struggling with the same issue. (Hoping he'll post what he ends up doing to overcome the problem.) He joins the conversation at post 19. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-awning-lights

Good luck--and please post back with the solution!

Howard

P.S. Check out the Welcome Letter when you get a chance: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by JSnyder View Post
      Thr way I did it was to use a remote wireless dimmer. Go to puck light in hall. It is the single light by bathroom. Pull light down ,wire in the dimmer. This works because thet light is first in series after the one connect. I then put the remote in by light panel. Now one connect still works.
      2021 Reflection 315RLTS 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD SRW Soon to be retired

Comment

Originally posted by Riley8141 View Post

Thr way I did it was to use a remote wireless dimmer. Go to puck light in hall. It is the single light by bathroom. Pull light down ,wire in the dimmer. This works because thet light is first in series after the one connect. I then put the remote in by light panel. Now one connect still works.
        Sorry should have checked date. This is old post.

Comment

Riley8141 , am trying the same thing and have gone thru two wireless dimmers. First one worked for about three on off cycles; second "upgraded" one allowed me to pair the remote and then was inop. Do you know which one you used? Unit is in the shop so I don't have access right now to the one I used, but it came from Canada (probably first from China)
          Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
          2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
          2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
          2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
          Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by DarnDave View Post
            Riley8141 , am trying the same thing and have gone thru two wireless dimmers. First one worked for about three on off cycles; second "upgraded" one allowed me to pair the remote and then was inop. Do you know which one you used? Unit is in the shop so I don't have access right now to the one I used, but it came from Canada (probably first from China)
            https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-awning-lights.
            sorry for long wait. Follow above link to thread for info

Comment

Riley8141 TY. That is the one I had all the problems with. I used this one instead with success; now have installed on two different light circuits. Click image for larger version

Name:	module with remote.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	70126
              Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
              2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
              2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
              2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
              Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
              X